Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Greetings from Belgium

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  atc98092 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I had been lurking this forum for some time while trying to decide on a new car. Looking back it seems I've been driving mostly Citroen for all my life but since they ostensibly refuse to take hybrid/electric seriously (*) I've 'switched team' and now find myself the enthusiastic driver of a Gravity Blue Niro PHEV since mid August.

So far no real complaints. Somehow I think that my past cars used to be a bit more .. comfortable, but switching from diesel to the "exotic" PHEV meant I had to 'demote' to not quite the top trim so maybe I get what I paid for 0:) Don't get me wrong, it's most certainly no hardship to drive! :)Hmm.. I wonder if there is a website where I could drop some ideas to KIA engineers on what to copy from Citroen...

Anyway, my only complaint might be that I find the rolling noise higher than what I seem to remember from the test-drive. Especially on the highway I find it noticeable and it seems I'm not alone in this (**). Hopefully it's something that can be alleviated somehow for what is otherwise a close to perfect car. Time will tell.

Anyway, looking forward to reading/learning/discussing things on the forum...

Kr,
Roby

(*: I seem to be needing 2 cars: half the time I work from home and only do short runs to get kids to school and/or some groceries, the other half I've got a commute of about 140km to the office (and 140km back). A PHEV seemed like a logical option. Going full electric was on the table too, but it wasn't really an option, neither practically nor financially. That said, looking a the new Niro-e I'm ... wondering =) Oh well, who knows in 4-5 years maybe? =)

(**: can't put links yet, but look for a thread titled "Tire Noise Reduction on PHEV")

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome, and glad you're here. We recommend putting your location in your profile, so someone doesn't respond to a future post with location-inaccurate information. I think you'll find the PHEV quite enjoyable, but I too am now anxious for my lease to run out and move to a pure EV. Well, 2 1/2 years to go! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.