Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Cargo Tray for the 2018 Niro PHEV?

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Orac 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the Cargo Tray for the Niro Hybrid will fit in the PHEV?

I want to keep wet and muddy items in a cargo tray for obvious reasons - not to mention keeping water out of the high-voltage battery compartment under the cargo area - but Kia does not offer a cargo tray as an accessory for the PHEV.

https://pictures.dealer.com/levkia/07f2adad0a0e0ca37432ffaa2a7e5bd9.pdf

I would love to hear back from Kia on this and I sent them this question over a month ago, but so far they have not responded.

Any ideas?

#3 ·
cargo mat

I recently ordered the Genuine 2017 Kia Niro carpeted cargo trunk mat from Southwest Kia Accessories and it does not fit the 2018 Kia PHEV Niro. I plan to return my cargo mat and will look for a third party mat that will fit. I prefer to use OEM accessories, but from I can determine, one does not exist.

#5 ·
no cargo tray for phev yet

MYKIAPARTS.COM incorrectly informed me that the Cargo Tray - Kia (G5F12-AC500) would fit my PHEV, so I ordered it form my local dealer 3 weeks ago.
When it finally came it last week, it did not fit as it was made for the Hybrid, and the dealer returned it.
The PHEV has the 12-V battery in the right rear corner of the cargo area and it protrudes slightly into the area, making the Hybrid cargo tray incompatible.

#7 ·
If you look at the photos, the cargo mat only covers the center rectangular area, not the cutouts to the side. This way it fits whether or not you have the subwoofer on the left side. The problem is what yticolev said - the PHEV has the 12v battery on the right, and it juts into the rectangle covered by the cargo mat. You'll notice the cargo hooks on the floor are not centered, the right one is slightly closer to the middle than the left.

I've looked for the past week and have found no cargo tray that fits the niro phev well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.