Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Lack of Acceleration - Cold Start -

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  yticolev 
#1 ·
Had my first issue with my 2018 LX HEV the other morning. I left the car on a cold night, 20 Deg F or so. I backed out of the driveway, put it into "D" and had minimal acceleration and when I pushed on the accelerator, it kinda/sorta decelerated.

I pulled vehicle over to a stop, shut the vehicle down completely, including opening the door to totally kill the electric. I restarted and everything was back to normal. I ran the EVO Diagnostic, but it came back normal.

I had the same problem on my 2012 Optima. I suspected the startup software routine didn't load properly. The restart on that went fine as well. I suspect that the same thing happened on my Niro.

Anyone else have this issue?

#5 ·
Same for me. If you are too quick to take your foot off the brake after hitting the start button you can get in a situation where the car is "off" but you can still shift the transmission out of Park. In this case it's in neutral regardless of gear selection (more likely the clutch is disengaged) and the car will just roll. Very odd behavior. :eek:

#7 ·
Still do it and I am in month 3. It seems to be rather sensative to the reboot process of hitting that start button. I even had to one time decide to complain like mad when I shut it off. The car was off but all sorts of bells and chimes where going off. I just hit the start and then stop again and it shut up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.