Kia Niro Forum - View Single Post - Battery charging while traveling at 120 km/h
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 08:18 AM
TheSilverFlash

Garage
I've experimented with the Sport mode recharging rumor floating around. My PHEV Niro did not recharge the EV portion of the battery on a 60 mile road trip on relatively flat terrain in sport mode after depleting the EV range and switching to HEV mode. It seems odd that some report that it recharges the battery and some report that it doesn't (myself included).

I know the Outlander PHEV will recharge the battery once depleted but you have to switch that feature on using a dedicated button otherwise it will default to charge sustain mode. Charging the battery fully using the ICE seems extremely inefficient which is why most Outlander PHEV owners don't do it. Source: I creeped on the Outlander PHEV FaceBook group for several months when shopping/researching.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Paul
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium Silky Silver
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT Soul Red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome