Kia Niro Forum - View Single Post - EV miles/kwh and range
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:52 PM
atc98092
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome to the forum! We suggest adding your location in your profile, and you car details in your signature line.

You are right that the majority of forum members have either the HEV or PHEV. remember the hybrid has been available the longest, the PHEV next, and the EV is a fairly recent release. I might have gone for the EV when I got mine, but there were no EX Premium trim models within 800 miles at the time.

I have seen/read several times that the e-Niro and the Hyundai Kona EV are beating the EPA mileage estimates fairly easily, as you seem to also confirm. Of course, it's going to drop significantly when winter arrives, unless you're in a southern state that doesn't see really cold temps. The PHEV has no indication of EV power consumption, and even if it did it wouldn't compare to the EV model, since you have a much more powerful motor and battery.

But I can give another range data point. The other day I had to run enough errands that I used all the EV range. I had a hill I went up and another I came down, and I had the A/C on the whole time. My car is rated at 24 miles with HVAC enabled, but I went 34 miles before the engine kicked on. So Kia has definitely done a good job on electrical efficiency.

Dan
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome