Kia Niro Forum - View Single Post - EV miles/kwh and range
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 05:41 AM
TheSilverFlash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbodifee View Post
I gather you just got your PHEV. Why not the BEV? Not available in your state? Or considered too expensive?
Yeah I've had the PHEV for about 3 months. Previous vehicle was a 2013 Volt. After two PHEV's I think I'm ready to wean myself off of gas. I could have driven 4 hours to Atlanta to get a Niro EV, but the price at this time was just too far out of my budget. The Niro EV is $8000 more than the comparably equipped PHEV and that would have been $200 extra per month to lease. The math didn't make sense for the EV Niro (I figured up yearly gas and maintenance and PHEV is still much cheaper at least initially), but perhaps in 3 years when my PHEV lease is up, there will be some used Kona EVs, Niro EVs, or Soul EVs, that I can pick up within my budget.

Plus there might be some used Model 3s within 3 years that are reasonably priced as well. Lots of options for future BEV buyers in the future. :-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Paul
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium Silky Silver
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT Soul Red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TheSilverFlash; 08-27-2019 at 05:46 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome