Kia Niro successful start! - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Kia Niro successful start!

Quote:
With a sales volume of 2,500 units in the first week and a half after the sales start Kia can look back with satisfaction on the launch of its first model developed as a hybrid car. The manufacturer plant over 2016 sales of 18,000 units in South Korea. For the rest of the world is listed a sales forecast of 40,000. In Netherlands expects importers to deposit several thousand copies.
Quote:
PRIUS COMPETITOR
The Kia Niro enters the territory of the Toyota Prius. However, the Koreans opt for a different approach than its competitor. De Niro is a crossover with five seats and a high seating position. The brand is confident that will increase both the demand for hybrids and crossovers in the coming years so that the two concepts in a unified model.
I actually like the color of the Niro. Going to wait for some reviews on the niro

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 11:58 AM

If they manage to continue selling a similar amount of units per week, then they can probably hit their goal relatively easy domestically. Not sure about international since it hasn't even come out yet overseas.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, hope they do well in their sales.
However, I'm wondering about the Prius as their competitor. Would the Prius outsell the Niro, although they claim to have different concepts.
I'm waiting it out a bit for both of the reviews on the niro and prius. Hopefully, they'll have a review in a video of the two cars side by side for a better glimpse.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 11:39 AM

The Prius may be ugly but it'll definitely outsell the Niro. The Toyota Prius has more universal awareness than the Kia Niro. While the Kia is selling a lot of units on their home turf, Toyota is just too big of an international automotive company to beat in sales numbers.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 12:06 PM

No doubt. Plus Toyota has had success selling them as fleet to Taxi companies and Ride services like Uber, and of course chances are that trend will continue with the next generation models. I can imagine that those same companies might not accept the idea of owning a Hyundai as well as they would a generation of Toyota that has been around for a very long time.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 02:16 PM

Hyundai just needs to build up their Kia brand awareness and show people what they have to offer. I'm sure Hyundai knows they can't beat Toyota in terms of sales volume. I think they admitted as much in their eco friendly model lineup plans for the next few years.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 04:22 PM

Maybe we'll get some mpg figures out of that start up. I need some good mileage or at lease a good price to look past that ugly interior.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 11:50 AM

Auto Trader had a chance to ride around in one and they got around 44mpg and 46mpg on country roads which has speeds bumps and changing speed limits. If you do a lot of highway driving, you could hit 50mpg.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuron View Post
Auto Trader had a chance to ride around in one and they got around 44mpg and 46mpg on country roads which has speeds bumps and changing speed limits. If you do a lot of highway driving, you could hit 50mpg.
That's not bad at all and for all we know it could slightly increase after break in and even slightly variate from one Niro to another. One reason why I like seeing real world mileage numbers from a large sample size of owners.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 11:40 AM

I think the interior looks pretty good, may need a bit of time to remember where all the buttons are and what they do but the general design and flow looks nice. Just hope they use a lot of soft plastic instead of the cheap hard stuff.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page