UVO / Kia Niro app - Kia Niro Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

UVO / Kia Niro app

2018 Niro PHEV

My account is linked, I can control charging, honk the horn, lock the doors......
BUT, I cannot start the climate control either at home or away, plugged in or unplugged.

Furthermore, even simple things like lock the doors can take from 20 seconds to a couple minutes.

Also, the Alexa apps - UVO and Kia Niro - neither one work although my account is linked.

I can live without Alexa, but not having the ability to turn on the a/c remotely is a big concern. Especially since my Honda can do this AND respond IMMEDIATELY.

Any tips?
Anybody else with the same Climate Control problem?
How quickly does you Niro respond to requests such as lock or honk the horn?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 03:47 PM

I am able to go online to the MyUVO website hit remote tab and set AC and it pre-cools the car just fine , but i am unable to use the UVO eco app on my iphonefor my PHEV to do same. I have to constantly delete and download app in order for it to access my car and it will only work once then won't let me log in again without deleting and downloading the the app again. Customer Service for UVO was no help.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 08:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookrd1 View Post
2018 Niro PHEV
Any tips?
Anybody else with the same Climate Control problem?
How quickly does you Niro respond to requests such as lock or honk the horn?
In my experience the response is pretty slow. Lock / unlock can take 60 - 90 seconds or so. Same for climate control commands. This is with both the UVO Eco app (important if you have the PHEV Niro, the regular UVO app doesn't seem to work well if at all) and the website.

The slow response doesn't bother me, but YMMV.

Jim
Southern Maryland / Washington DC
2018 Snow White Pearl EX Premium PHEV
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 08:17 AM

There is a possibility that those with fast access are on a home wifi network that the car is also logged into and it is all done locally. And the possibility that those with slow access are sending their request through hundreds of servers to South Korea and back again. Not a tech expert but I always wonder about the background communication, especially when different people have such different experiences. There was a longish thread here or on the Ioniq forum about the difficulty getting one's car to recognize and log into home networks.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 09:40 PM

anyone know how to stay logged into the UVO eco app?
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 11:47 PM

The remote climate start works for me. All functions seem to take around one minute to execute which seems acceptable and normal to me since it uses 3G/LTE only. The Niro PHEV does not have WiFi. My Hyundai Tucson had Wifi and I was also able to remote start and it took about the same time to execute commands.

One thing I noticed with the remote climate start is that it turns on the defroster even if I am turning on AC and trying to cool the car down.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

I started the thread. Yesterday, I was demonstrating the stupidness of this system - at least 15 tries, it wouldn’t connect - when, surprise, it worked and really quickly. I will be taking this up with Kia and will post the results. BTW, I also demonstrated the same feature on a new RDX, also using an iPhone app, and it worked every time and immediately. Kia needs to do this. Make or break feature for me.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 09:03 AM

Remote start for an 2018 HEV

Anyone hear anything about a remote start for the 2018 HEV touring model?
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 01:35 PM

What would be the advantage of a remote start? Not having to listen to the startup melody?

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
What would be the advantage of a remote start? Not having to listen to the startup melody?
pre heat/cool the car?

2018 Niro PHEV LX Silver/charcoal

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page