Niro Price paid ?/ Leased or bought? - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Niro Price paid ?/ Leased or bought?

Hi all,

Don't know if this has been done already, if so, I apologize.

I would love to know before I buy what is a good price to go in with.

So, here it goes:

Year of car:
Model:
Leased or purchased?
Final negotiated price:
Money down :
Payment per month :

Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 07:52 AM

There is already a topic for prices paid, see link below:
https://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/5...-kia-niro.html

Unfortunately, the thread doesn't have a suggested format like the one you provided so it's a bit all over the place but it should be helpful to get an idea on what others paid.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 09:36 AM

What most such posts fail at is listing the actual purchase price paid less state income taxes and actual license fees. That is the number that is important to negotiate a purchase price in any state. Dealers don't make it easy to sort out, but most of the fees they add should be part of the purchase price.

Not sure how leases work, but certainly some of the same principles apply. You also have to add options not included in the MRSP. Stating the MRSP helps sort out included option packages from the model you might be looking to buy. Pretty much we suck at reporting the significant numbers for others to use!

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 06:04 PM

Purchased my 2018 PHEV last April. Fully loaded, I think the price (don't have sticker in front of me) was around $35,624, at the time 1 of 7 fully loaded, top trim PHEV available in USA. $1250 off from the dealer plus $750 from Kia by financing through them. I always pay cash, but found out I only had to finance for two months to get the $750, so I wrote one check for $34,000 and a second check for the FL sales tax (strange story as I put purchased it in MO) and then paid it off in June.
I would have preferred to lease for a year (I trade often), but we could not come to terms on a short lease. Any EV will depreciate like crazy, worse than an ICE car. From my standpoint, they were not fully accounting for the $4530 EV credit in the lease. Just be aware this is a non-refundable tax credit and no carryover is allowed.
You might find a better deal since it is now the end of the model year and if you live in an area that sells what you want.
Before you sign on the dotted line, be aware the headlights aren't the best on lesser models and the windshield wipers and backup lights are poor on all models. Body gaps are larger than I think they should be, but not bad. Beyond that, I am really happy with mine.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page