Hatchback Latch - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Hatchback Latch

Hi everyone,
I have had my Expresso Niro Touring for about a month now, my only issue I have had is with the hatchback latch. I have to really slam it shut to get it to close properly. I will get in the drivers seat and notice it is not tightly closed. Anyone else have this problem, or do I have a defective latch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 04:49 AM

Get it adjusted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cary, NI2Q - Amateur Extra Class
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 11:27 PM

Garage
AGREED! Coincidentally I just put that into a post about battery drain because at the dealership someone had not fully closed the hatch and they had to start it with the backup system. The hatch just doesn't have the right balance to easily close and most people who have shut the hatch on mine haven't closed it all the way. I have gotten used to giving it a firm, forceful close. Seems like a design/engineering issue. The handle on the Priuses I have driven is orientated in a way that seems to provide more ease in closing than the Niro.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 03:24 AM

No problem with my Niro “Espresso” Touring, Mine only takes a light touch down from the fully open position. While I sorta miss the gas struts I had on my Ford C-Max, I’ve really gotten used to the Kia idea of a lighter balanced hatch. As others have said it must be an alignment/adjustment thing. Let the dealer know that you have community users without this issue,

2018 Niro Touring "Rich Espresso"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepad View Post
While I sorta miss the gas struts I had on my Ford C-Max, I’ve really gotten used to the Kia idea of a lighter balanced hatch.
I miss the power lift on my C-Max Energi - was great fro finding the car in a parking lot as the hatch raised up above filed of cars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page