18 Niro Touring info needed
Hi to all, my wife and I are looking at an 18 Niro Touring model and have a few questions before we test drive one this Saturday. A little info to help, we live in the Palm Springs, California area, home of the 120+ degree summers. We had a few weather related questions.
1) We are aware of the cold weather affecting the batteries and mpg but were wondering if the hot temperatures will detrimentally affect mpg or/and possibly cause harm to the batteries?
2) Because of the temps here we tend to use the AC a lot and wanted to know:
A)How big an mpg hit do you roughly take?
B)Is the little 1.6L capable of handling the AC in the extreme temps?
3) My wife's office is 1.1 miles down the street from our home and we were wondering if the Niro HEV is capable of driving back and forth to her office on just an EV mode?
4) Has anyone in the SoCal area had a chance to drive the vehicle up our famous Grapevine and if so how did it do, any problems or concerns with the grade?
5) I did a True Car inquiry for an 18 Touring model in Silky Silver w/charcoal interior and received several replies. The best one is below, I have deleted the vin number and dealer but would appreciate knowing if this seems like a good deal, as we are test driving it Saturday.
Thank you in advance for your replies, we appreciate any help and look forward to joining the Niro community soon.
We've found an in-stock match for you!
Please find below our offer for this in-stock 2018 Kia Niro. This offer is exclusive to you, a TrueCar Member. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
2018 Kia Niro
Savings off MSRP
$5,102 Total Before Tax
This in-stock Vehicle Includes
Exterior Color: Silky Silver
Interior Color: Charcoal
Base MSRP + $32,000
Freight Delivery Fee + $940
Total MSRP + $32,940
Certified Dealer MSRP Discount - $3,352
2018 Kia Niro Customer Cash - $1,750
Guaranteed Savings - $5,102
Savings off MSRP
Before Dealer Fees and Accessories $27,838
Dealer Documentation Fee + $80
Total Dealer Fees + $80
Total Before Tax $27,918