Anyone else think the armrest on the door is to low? - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Anyone else think the armrest on the door is to low?

I can't seem to find the right diving position between the power seat and tilt/telescopic steering wheel to where the door armrest is at the right position.
So I made a little padded addition the the armrest. I just used stuff I had laying around and it works out great. I stuck it to the door with tow sided carpet. It removes easily but stays in place when using. One time on a really hot day with the windows rolled up it fell off when I shut the door. I might have a professional make me one someday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 10:14 AM

I'm guessing Koreans are really short! Both the door and center armrest are way t0o low, even with the seat all the way down. If I slouch to one side or the other, it is comfortable to use - for like two minutes!

I've been tempted to build up both but haven't. Good for you for doing it. I was thinking about a design for something easily removable, that uses the armrest cubby a female for a male protrusion.

I've even looked into a handle above the door (my trim doesn't have one on the driver's side) as something to help with this deficiency. And as has been the case for the last twenty years with raised greenhouses on cars, the open window is too high to comfortably use as an armrest for long.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page