Memory Seats - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Memory Seats

2018 PHEV, Two Questions
1. If I recline the backrest and move the seat back, when using the memory reset, the seat moves forward to its memory position, but NOT the seat remains reclined.
2. I have the seat set to automatically move back when the engine is turned off. However, several times I have noticed it did not move back after my wife drove it. She never remembers to use her seat memory 2 setting and adjust herself.

Is this the way it is supposed to work? My other cars donít work this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 07:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookrd1 View Post
2018 PHEV, Two Questions
1. If I recline the backrest and move the seat back, when using the memory reset, the seat moves forward to its memory position, but NOT the seat remains reclined.
2. I have the seat set to automatically move back when the engine is turned off. However, several times I have noticed it did not move back after my wife drove it. She never remembers to use her seat memory 2 setting and adjust herself.

Is this the way it is supposed to work? My other cars donít work this way.
I think that the seat memory just controls seat height and distance, not the seat-back angle. I'm not certain about that and the manual doesn't specify, so I might be mis-remembering that.

Not sure about the easy access function, it may be disabled if the seat is adjusted manually. I've noticed the same behavior in my PHEV as well.

Jim
Southern Maryland / Washington DC
2018 Snow White Pearl EX Premium PHEV
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Hi There,

Quote:
It will keep all the settings (front/back, height, lumbar and recliner) for me.

Quote:
In the "user setting mode" in the central dash, there is an "Convenience: Seat Easy Access" option : The seat easy access function will be deactivated when you turn off the engine, the driver's seat will automatically move rearward short (Normal) or long (Extended) for you to enter or exit the vehicle more comfortably. (page 4|84 user manual)

it does not say that you have to be set on the 1 or 2 memory to have this option applied.

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (13000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, everyone, with your help I figured out the memory issue. I was reclining the seatback while stopped and then only pushed start. By doing this, the seat only moved forward to the current memorized position. Had I pressed the memory button, the seatback would have returned to its memory position.

The issue with the driver seat not going back is because wife was not using her seat memory. Instead, she was manually adjusting from my seat position. She says the seat didnít automatically retract until she started to use the seat memory function.

I can understand why she didnít use her seat memory function as our other vehicles have proximity keys that automatically adjust seat/mirror/radio/climate for our individual preferences. I am guilty of that too. I have a hard time remembering how things operate from car to car.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page