Eliminate screen message when car turns on? - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Eliminate screen message when car turns on?

Hello All. I have at 2018 Kia Nero PHEV and each time I turn on the car, the screen comes on with the same message about driving safely. Is there a way to get rid of that message? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 10:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello All. I have at 2018 Kia Nero PHEV and each time I turn on the car, the screen comes on with the same message about driving safely. Is there a way to get rid of that message? Thanks

I have the same car - I have not found a way to turn that off. Generally speaking, in nearly all cars and nearly all stereos, it's impossible to get rid of the message without "hacking" the software.

Basically, the manufacturers are worried that if they let people turn off the message, and then someone wrecks their car while playing with the stereo, they'll get sued. ("I bought the car used, and it never displayed the message because Kia let the previous owner turn it off, and now I have a permanent limp!")

Like most things in life these days, our life is complicated and inconvenienced by people who are lawsuit-happy. A bag of airline peanuts that says "caution, may contain nuts" comes to mind.

2018 PHEV

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 12-17-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page