Added remote start with Kia key. - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Added remote start with Kia key.

2017 Hybrid, Ill post details if anyone needs. A lot of detailed wiring though.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0044-1.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	303.3 KB
ID:	4339   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	4343  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 09:36 AM

I would like some details. I am going to do this eventually.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Sure its a Fortin Evo one kit I got the kit for $100 on Amazon but you also need the flash link updater which was like $54 I paid $40 last week and as of now you need a windows computer to plug in the updater to it and the Evo one to the updater then after its updated the Evo goes it the car.

https://fortin.ca

Go to this site and enter your car and look it up. Also click on regular installation to see how it's done.
The site shows where all the wires go and such very detailed. It does not show how to take the lower dash apart which was pretty simple to me. The drivers kick panel the panel below the steering wheel the plastic around the steering wheel column all the way to pulling back the plastic around the push button start. But this is like 4 black screws then everything pops out.

It was like 16 wires that needed connected 2 wires have to be cut but the others get skinned back and wire wrapped around.

They will send you a code for wire color.com which has more detailed pictures of all the wires and exactly where they go.

Wires at the drivers kick panel like 5. The entire fuse box gets pulled out just 3 screws and it pops out, like 7 wires go to these plugs they are behind the fuse box. 1 wire to the steering column wire and 2 to the push to start button. other 2 wires are the other side of the wires I mentioned got cut in half.

You also need 2 1 amp diodes that go inline from the push start button.

So you plug the updater into your windows computer then update the updater then plug in the Evo into the updater and update the Evo then you pick your car and let it load into the Evo now its ready for the car after everything is wired.

Im only having one issue now with the car turning off after remote start, you remote start the car and get in it and go but Im having an issue with the car not wanting to turn back off so I need to call them. But I set it to turn off when I unlock and open the door and that seems to be working fine. You can change several settings on your computer of what you want the door locks and such to do.

The hood pin is not required on the Niro. I think it took me 6-7 hours but thats carefully looking at everything and taking my time stripping the wires back making sure not to hit any others. Getting to the wires doesn't take long at all.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by jaxterra; 01-01-2019 at 11:08 AM.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

So the big mess of wires in the pics you only need 14 or maybe a couple of more if you decided to run a wire to the horn and you can also wire up a valet mode with a push button which is included.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 05:13 PM

That all sounds doable I have done worse wiring jobs. Thanks a lot, I am excited that this is available.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

No problem its not bad if you've done this type work before.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page