Homelink on 18 Niro EX Premium - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By caryni2q

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Homelink on 18 Niro EX Premium

Hi.

Just got a 18 EX Premium and am super impressed with the car. Had a volt and hated so many things about it. Finding more and more to love on the Niro.

1 thing I don't love. No homelink. I want to replace the rear view with on that has the buttons....but feel that I've read a bunch of conflicting reports on what actually works (easily). Ebay seller says its all the same and I can buy their $125 mirror (listed for the forte)

Can anyone clarify which is the least expensive yet still looks like it belongs to the car? Also....do I need to have a install place swap out or is it something I can do myself?

Thanks for the help!!

Brenna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 08:36 PM

I thought the EX premium package came with auto dimming mirror AND HomeLink. Not so?

Forte mirror likely the same, but beware that Niro may not be wired for HomeLink.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 11:41 AM

I bought a new one off of ebay that had homelink and a compass from I think a Soul. I needed to rewire the mirror internally using the original connector. You can't tell that it's not an OEM install. The only issue I had because I didn't have the exact schematic of the mirrors, was that I never hooked up the reverse sense line which un-dims the mirror at night. When I first installed thinking I had everything right and not realizing that there was a reverse wire, the transmission didn't like the wiring and threw an error code. I disconnected that wire and it just doesn't un-dim at night in reverse. No big deal. I can always shut the dimming off manually if needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cary, NI2Q - Amateur Extra Class
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 11:47 AM

Just rechecked an old response of mine to a similar thread. It was the Rio's mirror. The other issue is that when the ignition is off, there is no power available for the homelink if the vehicle didn't come with it. I jumped the 12V supplied to the auto dimming feature to also feed the homelink circuit. If you want homelink with power off, you would need to bring a line up from the fuse panel.
Dovidan likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cary, NI2Q - Amateur Extra Class

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page