PHEV what cables are included? - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

PHEV what cables are included?

Hi, I bought a Niro Phev last week here in Canada. I was a little confused about the cables included, they gave me only a "at home trickle charger" but from what I've read online some people have gotten a type 2 to 2 AC charging cable included?

Is this true? Did they forget to give me one?

thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 05:05 AM

The type 2 cable was included with mine - in Ireland!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 07:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Tomko View Post
Hi, I bought a Niro Phev last week here in Canada. I was a little confused about the cables included, they gave me only a "at home trickle charger" but from what I've read online some people have gotten a type 2 to 2 AC charging cable included?

Is this true? Did they forget to give me one?

thanks,
Nope, assuming you are in the US or Canada or any other country where 110V is the residential standard the included charge cable is a Level 1. That makes sense since pretty much everyone in those places has access to 110V power and so can charge the car easily. You can purchase a Level 2 cable that requires a 220V circuit that will charge the car in about 2.5 hours. For most people this would require having an electrician install a 220V plug for the charger.

I imagine that in places where ~220V is the standard (Ireland for example ) that the included charge cable would be a Level 2.

Jim
Southern Maryland / Washington DC
2018 Snow White Pearl EX Premium PHEV
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Tomko View Post
Hi, I bought a Niro Phev last week here in Canada.
Hi Michael, welcome too the forum.

Here in Canada, like said jmurphEV, all PHEV cars comes with a 110/120v level 1 charger that takes ~ 8 hours to make a full charge. A level 2 charger can be installed at home or can be used in some public level 2 chargers, and takes ~ 2.5 hours.!

Where do you live in Canada, because, some provinces give's a good rebate to buy and install a level 2 charger at home.

Exemple: in the Province of Quebec, the goverment gives a 350$ rebate to buy the charger, and a 250$ for the installation by a electrician. In B-C, it's up to $750.

Mine is already ordered and will be install in march.

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (13000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

i live in BC, thank you all for the welcome and advice. How much are the home charging stations with labour?

Kia Niro PHEV Touring 2019
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Here is good link: https://chargehub.com/en/ for the charging station equipement.

for BC people, https://pluginbc.ca/ has a great site.

for the installation fee's, you should check with you electrcian for that part.

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (13000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! It appears due to high demand the rebate program is closed for new applications. =(

I hope they bring it back, then I would strongly consider getting one, I guess I will have to use my trickle charger in the meantime.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page