Clean sensors? - Kia Niro Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By cockedandglocked
  • 1 Post By yticolev
  • 1 Post By yticolev

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Clean sensors?

I've been noticing the lane assist icon not showing that it sees where the lanes are sometimes when they are very very well marked. In the past I have been surprised at how well it finds lane markings... So I'm wondering if there are sensors that need cleaning? We clean the backup camera, but I don't know if the sensors should be cleaned or if so where they are.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 04:20 PM

Garage
It's a camera in your rearview mirror, pointing forward through your windshield. I don't know of any way to easily clean the camera lens itself, but maybe cleaning your windshield where the camera is would help? (Although the windshield wiper should be taking care of that already)
judyn likes this.

2018 PHEV
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 06:27 PM

On narrow well marked roads, LKAS will not work. However, it still sees the lane lines and will alert if you cross them without a turn signal. Try crossing a lane line to check just that. There are also some lighting conditions where LKAS will not work - we have the budget LKAS version!
judyn likes this.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
we have the budget LKAS version!
Better than nothing!!

I like this option, but sometimes it surprises me when it wants to correct my direction!

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (13000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lafe005; 01-31-2019 at 11:41 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 12:41 PM

Yup, save your life only once and it is worth the aggravation. I do a much better job of keeping the car in the center of the lane than LKAS though, many fewer corrections as this car holds a chosen line really well. With LKAS on, I'm constantly fighting it to stay centered so it takes some of the joy of driving away. It often likes center left and rides the left lane line (sometimes going over it and beeping me that it has crosse the line). But I leave it on 98% of the time, turning it off only on curvy backroads where intermittently activates at the exact wrong time.
lafe005 likes this.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

It takes a little getting used to, but we like all the safety features. I usually hate beeps and seat belt noises and the like, but I seem to tolerate the beeps re leaving the lane OK. I've turned down the backup beep... One friend commented that it corrects sooner than he would. Maybe that's why it is a bit disturbing at first. It also wants to leave the road when the road widens for a possible turn. I've never left it alone long enough to see what it would do... I'll have to do that experiment.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page