stop charging mid way? - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sam1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

stop charging mid way?

I was in a hurry out of the house today and couldn't seem to figure out how to stop the vehicle from charging in the middle of the charge, and unlock the cable.

I know you can hit the app on the phone to stop it, but didn't have that around.

How do you force the vehicle to stop when it's in the middle of the charge if you don't have your phone handy? I'm sure it's a button somewhere, or on the menu, I just couldn't figure it out.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1 View Post
I was in a hurry out of the house today and couldn't seem to figure out how to stop the vehicle from charging in the middle of the charge, and unlock the cable.

I know you can hit the app on the phone to stop it, but didn't have that around.

How do you force the vehicle to stop when it's in the middle of the charge if you don't have your phone handy? I'm sure it's a button somewhere, or on the menu, I just couldn't figure it out.

Thanks
open the door and press the unlock button on the arm rest

2018 Niro PHEV LX Silver/charcoal
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 07:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1 View Post

Thanks
You can also hit the unlock button on the keyfob. That will unlock the charge port as well.

Jim
Southern Maryland / Washington DC
2018 Snow White Pearl EX Premium PHEV
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Since i have the "Gun locked" when on a charge, i just unlock the doors with the small button on the drivers handle or the key remote, and it will unlock the "gun" too take it off.!

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (13000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all, I never thought yo hit unlock since it's already in the garage and unlocked lol
lafe005 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page