VIN discrepancy - Kia Niro Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By yticolev
  • 1 Post By yani1shu

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

VIN discrepancy

Does anyone know why the Window Sticker information online wouldn't match the VIN lookup information. For example, the Window Sticker shows the model as EX, yet different VIN lookups show it as a Touring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:13 PM

What country are you in? It is possible some country data is a bit scrambled with info from other country's trim levels. I don't know what information the VIN lookup number is based on, but I would expect the window sticker to be definitive. There is not so much difference between an EX premium and a Touring model. Names are just semantics anyway, what is important is the actual installed features, right?

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

I'm in the US.

The biggest difference between the EX and Touring is the MPG which is what i'm most interested in so to me the difference is significant.

So i should trust the sticker over all else? I've gotten in the habit of trying to find the sticker directly on kia.com, not all of them are available though.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:49 PM

The major difference between the EX and the Touring is the wheel and tire size. Nothing more. If you buy a Touring, you can put the 16" wheels on it to get the same mpg as the EX.
TK6 likes this.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, but my questions wasn't about the differences between Touring and EX. It was why the Window Sticker information wouldn't match the VIN lookup information. sounds like maybe the VIN lookup services may just not be that accurate.
lafe005 likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 06:09 PM

I live in Canada, and I bought a Niro PHev SX 2019, but my Vin shows up as a Niro EX Premium online. It's strange and can't explain it, but I have all the features a SX touring should have.

Kia Niro PHEV Touring 2019
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Tomko View Post
I live in Canada, and I bought a Niro PHev SX 2019, but my Vin shows up as a Niro EX Premium online. It's strange and can't explain it, but I have all the features a SX touring should have.
As i mentionned in another thread, did you call Kia Canada for this ?

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (13000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page