Rain sensor ? - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By deltasmith

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Rain sensor ?

I could have sworn my 2018 Niro Touring had the rain sensor feature. We’ve had a very wet winter out here in SoCal and this would come in handy....I liked having a rain sensor on my Ford C-Max last year. I can’t find anything to activate the option so I could totally be remembering the Cmax since I’m only a year into my Niro lease. Could anyone confirm the existence of this? See the link for the 2017 service bulletin. THX

Kia Niro : Windshield Wiper/Washer : Body Electrical System

2018 Niro Touring "Rich Espresso"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:30 PM

I have in mind that the link you provided is probably an unofficial posting, and I think it might be for a European model. I've noticed that it references "DE": does anyone know what that signifies or stands for?

I do miss the rain sensing logic on my 2008 Honda (which I don't think they even advertised in that car). For example, if I had the front wiper on and I put the Honda in reverse, the rear wiper would automatically start. And if I had the front wiper configured for intermittent speed and the rain slowed down to the point that the windshield got drier and the wipers had to work harder with each pass, the wipers would automatically become even more intermittent. Very subtle, but nice, features. I wish the Niro had the same.

Something else I noticed a few weeks ago in that link you posted was a statement to the effect that the windshield camera was able to notice speed limit signs and feed that information into the navigation system's display of the current speed limit. My navigation system displays the current speed limit, but it clearly isn't getting that information from street signs. I kind of wish it did.
lafe005 likes this.

2018 Niro PHEV Gravity Blue
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

DE could be short for “Deútschland” or Germany. That’s the common country abbreviation. In my researching the rain sensor option I recall seeing something about this option not being available in N. America. That’s a head scratcher...why would Kia go to the trouble of not including options across all Niro’s of a certain trim level.

2018 Niro Touring "Rich Espresso"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page