Android Auto and Apple Carplay issues - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Android Auto and Apple Carplay issues

Issue with Android Auto:
When Android Auto is connected, and I go into music and try to browse songs or playlists etc., I only see a handful of songs. Scrolling to the bottom does not show any more songs.
But when I shuffle songs, all songs play, including the ones that don't show up in lists when browsing.
I am unable to find any setting that may be restricting how many songs show up in lists on phone or in car.

Issue with Apple Carplay:
Have set up Siri and permissions etc.
Voice command to call someone using whatsapp is acknowledged, but then nothing happens!
And then if I unlock the iPhone using touch/button, the call command executes and whatsapp comes up.
So the car is unable to actually execute the command until I unlock/wake the phone up??

Details:
2018 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
When I go into 'Setup' and look for 'System Info', I see:
SW version: DEHEV.USA.SOP.V085.170825
Firmware version: DE.USA.258.170911.MICOM.D

Android 8.1.1 on Nexus 6P, latest Android Auto app
I use Rocket Player for music (not Google Play Music). Rocket player is a supported Android Auto app and works fine in the car except for the issue listed above.

iPhone 6s, latest iOS, latest Whatsapp etc.

Additional question:
How can I know if the infotainment system SW and FW versions listed above are latest for my car? How can I update them? Nothing on Kia owner's portal or myUVO account/app.

Thanks,
Shikhanshu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 08:07 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikhanshu View Post
Additional question:
How can I know if the infotainment system SW and FW versions listed above are latest for my car? How can I update them? Nothing on Kia owner's portal or myUVO account/app.
In this thread

https://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/9...blems-all.html

deltasmith posted a link to a TSB regarding the PHEV Niro's infotainment. The notice has version information that says that the current version (as of the TSB release date) for the PHEV is DEPHEV.USA.SOP.V098.180611. There may be something similar for the HEV versions as well, I suspect the software is very similar aside from the stuff specific to the plug in features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasmith View Post
There's a recent TSB on the NHTSA web site for the black screen issue, perhaps its the issue you experienced, perhaps not. This link may or may not work for you: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...52900-9999.pdf If it doesn't work, go to https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls#vehicle, enter model and year, and then click on "Manufacturer Communications". It's currently the fourth listing from the top (of 36 total).

Jim
Southern Maryland / Washington DC
2018 Snow White Pearl EX Premium PHEV

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page