Bluetooth connected but no sound from speakers... - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Bluetooth connected but no sound from speakers...

Hi, all.
I have an iphone 8 plus and it use to be that when I entered my Nero 2018 PHEV my phone would automatically be connected. If a call came in while driving it would go through the radio/speakers/bluetooth. The same with playing music or podcasts from my phone. It would automatically go thru the car speakers/bluetooth system. Suddenly, that's no longer happening. The screen will say "streaming" and my phone will show playing, but the sound only comes from the phone now. I can select "KIA" from the phone, but then it will play via the car speakers, but my phone number will show up on the screen and that's how the music will play. If I end "the call" the music stops. I deleted my phone from the bluetooth system and reentered it and the same thing happens. Anyone have an idea of what to do? Thanks, Marsha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 02:43 PM

That sounds like a bug, probably in the Kia software, but could be an interaction problem. If I'm reading your post correctly, it appears you have already found a workaround. Another way to fix it is to simply plug your phone into USB.

Android or iPhone? I have some issues with what happens when I stop the car, or start the car with a previously playing streaming program. Sometimes the radio comes on, sometimes the handset starts playing, and other random events that are not the way I would have done the programming. But I've never seen your particular issue using Bluetooth or plugged into USB with my iPhone. Carplay has its own issues. For example, if I switch to radio, Carplay overrides that action and a second later resumes previous stream.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I haven't seen anything like that, but mine's a 2019 and there might be differences. Also, my phone is a 6S, and I've heard of others with newer phones having issues unrelated to this. Hopefully it's not something that Apple broke, but they did just release a new iOS recently.

Dan
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 04:47 PM

Sorry, missed your iPhone 8 reference. I tend to skim, not the best of habits.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Great idea, thanks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page