Appreciation for our Niro - Kia Niro Forum
 6Likes
  • 2 Post By lafe005
  • 4 Post By jmurphEV

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Appreciation for our Niro

Today I had to work on our other vehicle and it gave me a new appreciation for our 2019 PHEV Niro.
I replaced the back 3 coil packs and spark plugs on Our Sienna van today. The vehicle was giving a code P0300 which is cylinder 1 misfire. On a V6 it requires about a 2 hour disassembly of the intake manifold etc to access these parts. After replacing the parts I ran the vehicle to test it. These engines like most gets over 200 degrees under the hood and are noisy- not fun on a 100 degree day in high humidity in the garage

The wife and kids came home from the movies in our new Niro and pulled into the garage. It was running on all electric and was extremely quiet. The engine hood was cool to the touch. What a great car and pleasant change from the non-hybrid Sienna. It made me appreciate the Plug in Niro even more for its versatility and difference from a traditional vehicle.

Last edited by Johnxyz; 07-10-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
PHEV's are so great, i really do not miss my old Niro HEV anymore!

Now, this is my appreciation of mine.! (see picture) did 66km (41 miles)... That's 54km + 8km made in the early morning that erase by it self after 4 hours of non starting the system. So, 42km (26 miles) on full electric and 24km (15 miles) on HEV = 1.0L/100km (235mpg) This is just WOW!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190710_203529.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	5173  
charlesH and Johnxyz like this.

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (8700 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

impressive!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 07:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafe005 View Post
PHEV's are so great, i really do not miss my old Niro HEV anymore!

Now, this is my appreciation of mine.! (see picture) did 66km (41 miles)... That's 54km + 8km made in the early morning that erase by it self after 4 hours of non starting the system. So, 42km (26 miles) on full electric and 24km (15 miles) on HEV = 1.0L/100km (235mpg) This is just WOW!!!!
Yeah, the PHEV is the bees knees. I'm averaging 234mpg on this tank at 1650 miles with an estimated 180 miles left. I think I might be able to get to 2000 miles on this tank with a little luck. Now, I'm lucky in having essentially the perfect use case for the PHEV. My commute is 7 miles each way and I can charge at home basically every day. I take longer trips on the weekend that burn a little gas but overall I'm probably 75% electric. I figure I'm saving ~$.50 / gallon or so compared to a HEV Niro which is not bad at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnxyz View Post
Today I had to work on our other vehicle and it gave me a new appreciation for our 2019 PHEV Niro.
I replaced the back 3 coil packs and spark plugs on Our Sienna van today. The vehicle was giving a code P0300 which is cylinder 1 misfire. On a V6 it requires about a 2 hour disassembly of the intake manifold etc to access these parts. After replacing the parts I ran the vehicle to test it. These engines like most gets over 200 degrees under the hood and are noisy- not fun on a 100 degree day in high humidity in the garage

The wife and kids came home from the movies in our new Niro and pulled into the garage. It was running on all electric and was extremely quiet. The engine hood was cool to the touch. What a great car and pleasant change from the non-hybrid Sienna. It made me appreciate the Plug in Niro even more for its versatility and difference from a traditional vehicle.
I feel your pain, transverse V6s suck. My Dad had a Chevy Celebrity wagon back in the day. To change the rear spark plugs we had to remove the hood and the front motor mount so that we could pull the engine towards the front of the car in order to get them out. We did that exactly once in the years he owned that car.

Totally agree on the PHEV's coolness factor. I actually like the humming noise it makes at low speeds. I just wish I could select my own sound, I would totally go with the Jetson's noise.
lafe005, charlesH, Johnxyz and 1 others like this.

Jim
Southern Maryland

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page