Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Your experience with Kia Motors Finance

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Dwag0n 
#1 ·
I've been planning to use Kia Motors Finance for purchasing a Niro at 0.9% in Sept.

Just for fun I Goggled them. I've never seen so many negative reviews & so few positive ones from every single site I checked. Multiple reports of mess up auto payments, difficulty getting titles reissued after loan paid off, inability to speak with a manager, being put on eternal hold... :eek:

Now I'm wondering if financing with them is a good idea. Would love to hear some feedback from KMF users whether positive or negative. Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi Dovidan,

I just bought my second Kia using Kia Motors Finance and I have never had a problem with them. Online loan management was easy to set up and it was easy to adjust my payment due date. I used automatic payments for my first loan with no difficulty. I did not have to deal with title issues as I traded in my last car. I have no experience with calling to speak to someone at KMF because I never had any issues managing my account online.

While I usually finance through my credit union, I couldn't pass up 0.9% for the first loan and 0.0% on my new loan.

Cheers!

#3 ·
I have not been using KMF for long, but they have seemed alright so far. The dealership and Honda, on the other hand, were a pain in the ass. The dealership got my payoff amount on my trade, sent off a check, and did not even talk to Honda. I called when it had not arrived when expected, and the dealer said it had been sent later than I had expected, but assured me it was taken care of. I called Honda, and they told me they had the check, so don't worry. A week later, I called again, concerned about my payment being a week late; they told me that the payoff check was for the amount a Honda dealer would have to pay, not an outside dealer. I called the dealership and told them to work it out with Honda. They eventually sent another check, and it was taken care of after my credit took a hit from having the two fairly large balances showing and no payment showing for one.
But I got out of the Honda because nothing about Honda customer service had been pleasant for me, so why expect the financing to be an exception? (It had been the exception up until then.)

I think any financing department is going to have some issues, some people will have major problems, and mostly dissatisfied folks will post reviews.

#5 ·
I used KMF to lease my PHEV Niro. I've only had it 3 months but I haven't had any issues. Logging into the portal was easy and they sent me a packet of paperwork early on with all the lease info and a little wallet card you can use to measure dents and scratches so you know ahead of time if you will have to get something fixed or not when turning it in.

#9 ·
Ratings sites for something like this will almost always be overwhelmingly negative. Nobody thinks to review a 'good' experience with a financing company because 99% of the time there is nothing exceptional that happens. A 'good' experience is you pay your bills and you get your title when you finish, and that's nothing above and beyond, that's just what you expect. The people where something goes wrong are the only ones who review it because they need a place to vent their frustrations.

Review sites are much better for something like food where you go in with a medium expectation and they can either wow you or disappoint. Either one could cause people to want to share that experience. A place that just holds your title and takes your money is never going to impress you.

#10 ·
We financed starting Dec 2018 -- first payment Jan 2019 I believe. I set it up to go from my bank account and have had no issues. Haven't had to contact them about anything.

Note that I set it up through my banking software, vs through the Kia Finance website. So my bank initiates the payment to them by echeck each month, vs them pulling money from the account.

#11 ·
I currently have two Kia's financed through KMF (my Niro and my wifes Forte) and have not had any issues with them. I make my payments on their website every month. I have not missed or been late so I can not speak to what they are like then. But I also had my '16 Soul financed through them previously and never had any issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.