Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Clock not working

22K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  panekmi 
#1 ·
Clock stopped

Sometime last night between 10pm and 9am, the clock in my Niro HEV stopped.
The display looks like --:-- and the Time/Date button in setup is grayed out.
Has this happened to anyone else?

#4 ·
Can it be a battery problem ? like in the days when you take out the battery of the car and after plug it in, you had to refresh the time on the radio! ..

#9 ·
What year is your car? Does it have Nav? There was a GPS network update a month or so ago that caused many devices (not just cars) to display an incorrect date. I believe there is a firmware update that corrects the issue.

#10 ·
I addressed this in the other post. There was a GPS network update a short while ago that caused issues for devices that weren't prepared for the update. It affected more than just cars. I believe Kia has a firmware update that addresses the issue.

#11 ·
The GPS update could be responsible, but there is a bug that can also cause it. The reset button (at about 5 o’clock by the volume knob) may work but a definitive fix is disconnecting the 12 volt battery for a couple minutes.

#12 ·
Sometime last night between 10pm and 9am, the clock in my Niro HEV stopped.

The display looks like --:-- and the Time/Date button in setup is grayed out.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Same thing happened with me. I just checked carguru forum and there are about 20 post of this happening to Kia cars., not just Niro's. Has Kia responded with an answer yet?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

#18 ·
To the best of my knowledge it's a dealer only update. But if someone else knows if it can be downloaded and installed by the owner, please let us know.

#19 · (Edited)
This just got mine on HE. Left knee pull fuse cover. Look at center of fuses you'll see a on/off button just left of the on button you'll see two 15A fuses the top one the 3rd one down is the Multimedia fuse or flip fuse box cover over and you'll see it. I pulled the fuse powered on car without cranking it navi screen didn't come on turned car off put fuse back in the powered car on again and after navi came on for about 20 secs the clock came back on. This worked for me as of right now.

Adjust bass and treble again nothing else was lost. Bluetooth phone, preset stations stayed.