wheel alignment and LED - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

wheel alignment and LED

I felt tire dragging ever since I first test drove the Niro. confirmed today Toe was off by large margin as shown in picture. Hoping to improve 1-2 mpg with correct alignment. finally completed the LED HL conversion also shown below. I found a video clip from another Niro forum and purchased AUXITO 9005-LED. just followed his instruction on rotating the mount ring to make it low bean as default. LED bulb came as high bean so it had to be reversed for low bean to work. high beam also works great once itís in-place. it's $20 cheaper than brightest SilverStar so if it only lasted for two years, I am still saving lot of money compare to short life span of the SilverStar. Light spread is same as the original halogen and itís slightly brighter so itís not the over wattage junk you find online. No light out error or flickering so this is definitely worth the upgrade. Itís 100% plug and play and rear is short enough t fit right into the housing so no altercation is necessary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m_20190827_181747.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	5315   Click image for larger version

Name:	m_20190827_185811.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	5317  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 04:59 PM

wheel alignment and LED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightland View Post
I felt tire dragging ever since I first test drove the Niro. confirmed today Toe was off by large margin as shown in picture. Hoping to improve 1-2 mpg with correct alignment. finally completed the LED HL conversion also shown below. I found a video clip from another Niro forum and purchased AUXITO 9005-LED. just followed his instruction on rotating the mount ring to make it low bean as default. LED bulb came as high bean so it had to be reversed for low bean to work. high beam also works great once itís in-place. it's $20 cheaper than brightest SilverStar so if it only lasted for two years, I am still saving lot of money compare to short life span of the SilverStar. Light spread is same as the original halogen and itís slightly brighter so itís not the over wattage junk you find online. No light out error or flickering so this is definitely worth the upgrade. Itís 100% plug and play and rear is short enough t fit right into the housing so no altercation is necessary.
Can you please provide more info about the LED lightbulb used to replace the original halogen light
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

* AUXITO 9005-LED Headlight Bulbs [Amazon]
* AUXITO 912 921 LED Backup Light Bulbs. [Amazon]
* CIIHON H11 H8 H9 LED Fog Light Bulb 1800 Lumens 6000K. [Amazon]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page