auto light - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

auto light

Is there way to adjust the sensitivity of auto on/off light system? In Lexus and MB, there is a setting I am able to adjust the sensitivity to fit my needs. Current system in Niro is really sensitive to a point the light comes on passing through long stretch of street with trees in early evening hours with bright sun where I need to wear sunglasses. I have searched online and reviewed owners manual but no mentioning about sensitivity adjustment. Found one nifty feature in the Niro, light comes on automatically within 30 seconds after wiper is turn on according to the owners manual if the ďautoĒ mode is selected. Itís a law I think in all states across US? For VA, MD, and IL, itís mandatory but I donít think itís enforced if itís a secondary offense but a good safety measure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:01 AM

Do you not have daytime running lights in the states yet? It's been a law in Canada since 1990.

2019 Kia Niro PHEV, EX Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker2222 View Post
Do you not have daytime running lights in the states yet? It's been a law in Canada since 1990.

DRL is not a requirement in the US unlike CN but US Niro does comes with DRL [LX and higher] with option to turn off which will set manual mode. DRL comes on only in auto mode during the daylight and turn on HL when gets "dark".
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:30 PM

A number of states have wiper/lights on laws, sharing a ride today in the rain elicited a comment that that was the law in TN.

Why not just leave your lights completely off until dusk? If you are concerned with energy consumption, that it the only choice that makes sense. The daytime running lights are only activated in the front anyway I think, completely useless on limited access highways.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker2222 View Post
If we really cared about good opinions from sensible Northern dwellers, we would have annexed Canada in the war of 1812. But clearly, we have the president and regulations we deserve!

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:31 PM

👍

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page