3Likes
  • 1 Post By Johnxyz
  • 1 Post By atc98092
  • 1 Post By TheSilverFlash

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

UVO app problems

Have a 20019 Niro PHEV.

In the last month the KIA UVO apps have stopped communicating with our vehicle. I go into the KIA owners portal via my desktop and through the internet and do not get current info or the ability to interact with the vehicle -lock unlock doors etc.

My wife uses the KIA UVO android app on her phone and it also doesn't communicate with the vehicle. Our daughters use their Apple phones and the KIA app from the apple store and their phones don't communicate with the vehicle through the Kia app.

All was fine until about a month ago and then it went from complete functionality with the apps to now nothing works.

We have deleted the apps and reloaded them through the links Kia help center sent us, still no luck. We are working with Kia help center but thought I would see if anyone here is experiencing similar frustrations with this app.

My impression is that the Niro PHEV comes with a 3 year subscription to the Ultimate UVO package.

Thanks in advance for any help advice!

PS everything else on the vehicle works great just app communication issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

I am okay now help center asked my to recheck car. When I started the car it gave me a message "UVO reinstall through bluetooth". I came in and checked the app everything now works with the apps and all info displayed is current.

Problem was resolved with software reinstall on the car which is nice and at the same time a little scary getting something like a software problem fixed magically over the internet through the car.
Dovidan likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Well, Tesla has been making updates via over the air for years. In many cases actually making a noticeable improvement overall to the car. I think that's neat that Kia can do something like that as well.
Dovidan likes this.

Dan
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 12:54 PM

Location: Knoxville, TN (soon to be Elizabethton, TN) work in Asheville, NC
Garage
Wait, so Kia updated or reinstalled UVO software on your vehicle remotely? WHAT? If that is the case, why aren't they doing remote software updates for the rest of the car?
Dovidan likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Paul
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium Silky Silver
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT Soul Red

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 07:09 AM

I had the exact same problem. I called Kia, and a case was entered. The next day the desktop and the app started working again. Kia called me back and said "a fix was made and pushed out." It was not the app that was updated, so I am thinking some sort of fix was pushed to my car. However, I saw no evidence of it. All is well now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page