2018 Niro Radio Recording Stations - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

2018 Niro Radio Recording Stations

Need a Crash Course.....

Looking for answer in Owners Manual; still looking, saw nothing about the issue/question I am about to author.

2018 Niro; EX....Radio. When I go to Preset Window, I will see several channels set in Preset 1 thru 4...I have no idea how they got there, they are the few Stations we like so someone, without knowing how, I must have assigned them....sometimes it is OK to be dumb!

The question is, and what I have been unable to find in the manual, I see REC with a red dot beside the channel I am currently tuned to and the last I was listening to before tuning to the current channel. I am assuming, this model Radio automatically is recording stations you are listening to...all the time? It is recording current and most previous channel? This way, and I see the Pause, reply....you can perform those functions....ie, listen to the same song twice....and, tune back to the most previous channel and pick it up where you left off when you tuned to the current channel?

This is an automatic feature, its is not something you can turn Off? If it can be turned off, I could not find that setting....does it exists?

Lastly, anyone find the details of this radio and the recording feature just discribed in the Owners Manual.....if so....page numbers.

I am still looking....with still no sucess.

2018 Kia Niro EX; Crimson Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 03:09 PM

My '17 with the 7" (no nav) definitely does not have this feature. Interesting.

If an answer does not materialize here, try this:

https://www.myuvo.com/support/index.shtml

(there's also an 800 # there for phone support)

And if you find the answer there, please return here & post a reply so we too may learn from your experience.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 04:19 PM

My Sirius preset has a red recording icon. No idea of what it does either. The three presets I made don't have it. Built in memory is still empty after a month of ownership.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleRisk18 View Post
Need a Crash Course.....

Looking for answer in Owners Manual; still looking, saw nothing about the issue/question I am about to author.

2018 Niro; EX....Radio. When I go to Preset Window, I will see several channels set in Preset 1 thru 4...I have no idea how they got there, they are the few Stations we like so someone, without knowing how, I must have assigned them....sometimes it is OK to be dumb!

The question is, and what I have been unable to find in the manual, I see REC with a red dot beside the channel I am currently tuned to and the last I was listening to before tuning to the current channel. I am assuming, this model Radio automatically is recording stations you are listening to...all the time? It is recording current and most previous channel? This way, and I see the Pause, reply....you can perform those functions....ie, listen to the same song twice....and, tune back to the most previous channel and pick it up where you left off when you tuned to the current channel?

This is an automatic feature, its is not something you can turn Off? If it can be turned off, I could not find that setting....does it exists?

Lastly, anyone find the details of this radio and the recording feature just discribed in the Owners Manual.....if so....page numbers.

I am still looking....with still no sucess.
Our 2017 Niro EX has it. I believe that is a Sirius/XM feature. We had a XM radio installed in our 2003 Honda Civic around 2004 or so. It was the original Delphi XM Satellite radio, BEFORE they were integrated into vehicle in dash receivers. The next model up from ours is when XM began offering the recording option and then they began offering it big time once Sirius and XM merged into Sirius XM (they used to be separate companies).

It basically allows you to record some channels in case you want to play back later. I guess they figured this would be a feature sought by those that listen to talk radio etc. Not something I would use even for music..............

For what it's worth, if you choose to subscribe to Sirius XM, there is a music only plan, then they also have a data plan, during your FREE Sirius XM trial you will see (if you tap around the menus) the availability of weather data, which you can select either yours or a nearby city, to get live weather conditions, also I believe it can provide info on gas stations, restaurants etc in your area. It's useless for us because for weather it only provides a city 30 miles south of us, and in the mountains and valleys of the area we live in, weather 30 miles south can be far different than our "home area".

Last edited by eddarrah; 02-25-2018 at 07:17 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 07:52 PM

I haven't tried the Sirius data features, but they look far clunkier than the apps I already have installed on my iPhone. I see little point to paying for either music or data that is free on my phone.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page