Phone connected via Bluetooth - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Phone connected via Bluetooth

03/05/2018 08:39:47
2016 Kia Niro EX.....

When my Android Phone is connected by Bluetooth to the Niro sound system, when I receive an Incoming call the system Plays some strange Muisc and the Caller's ID is displayed on the systems screen. The first few times I received calls and heard the Music notification it actually startled me, I thought somehow the Radio station had been changed.

I don't even know if each time I receive a call the Notification Music is the same, or it changes, non the less, I dislike this Audio Phone Notification. Please tell me I can change the Incoming Phone call audio Notification to Ring just like a Normal Phone....with repeating Normal phone ring sounds.

2018 Kia Niro EX; Crimson Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 01:31 PM

Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's any control/customization over the notification sound via Bluetooth. This issue has been brought up by many different Kia owners on many different forums. Not sure if there's more control over settings by using Android Auto instead?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

I contacted Kia Motors. First I got, contact your phone provider...I pushed back. They than instructed me to call the dealer; my pishback, Kia is the expert if there is a way to chnage the Phone audio, it can only come from Kia. Cannot be my phone causing Incoming calls to play a Musical Tune. They than contacted the Kia Audio unit...who said to download Zedge and select a ringer, that would change the Niro's ring. I told them, not so. I have Zedge and my phone ringer is a Zedge selected ring tone.

I truly believe the Musical alert of an incoming Call thru the Kia Sound system is dangerous. As I wrote, the 1st time I got a call and heard the Music I immediately thought something went wrong with the Radio and it changed channels. Even the 2nd time, days later, when I got another call it confused me a little... I conveyed this to the Kia Agent who said that they would request a call back from an agent in the Audio unit within 3 to 5 days. I hope that call is placed.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

No return promised call from Kia Audio Unit....unfortunately, not surprised. Received a call from Kia on another matter and brought this up. A request has been sent to the National HDQ to contact me. Kia agent I spoke with today feels the default Musical Tune alerting drivers of Bluetooth connected incoming calls is so unusual further investigation is warranted. As I explained I could better understand if the default was just a Normal phone Ring that could not be personalized, that would make more sense than the Propitiatory Musical Tune.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page