Spare Tire Options for Kia PHEV - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Spare Tire Options for Kia PHEV

Does anyone have a suggestion or information on options for spare (donut) tires for the PHEV 2018 Nero Model? I purchased my Nero PHEV in April 2018 and just experienced my first flat tire. After the hassle of trying to use the Kia roadside service (2+ hours to wait for tow) I used AAA, who came in 20 minutes. I would much prefer to have a spare with me, but it didn't come with one and really doesn't have the space for one. What have others done? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 10:21 PM

There are no real spare tire options for the PHEV. The larger battery occupied the spare tire well. Your have to keep in the regular cargo area if anything, it won't fit under the floor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 11:11 AM

Yeah unfortunately you're storage options for a spare are relatively limited and I haven't seen any aftermarket mounts of any kind yet. Maybe we'll see a proper tail gate system in the future, should it become a common criticism.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 12:40 PM

I've been driving for 28 years and have never had to use a spare tire. I live in the Los Angeles area and drive on paved roads, so I understand that other people may not be so lucky, but I think most people are like me as well. With cellphones and roadside assistance, there is really little reason to carry a spare in most cases anymore.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page