18 PHEV low in stock? - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

18 PHEV low in stock?

any indications as to if stock will improve?

for some reason chicago -indy area have no EX or premium.
There r LX available
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 07:03 PM

Low Inventory

It'll be three weeks this Friday when I purchased my black Niro EX PHEV. I was very lucky to find a black EX in stock. I'm still getting calls from Kia sales reps leaving me voicemails saying "they'd love to sell me a Niro EX PHEV and that they hope to get some in soon". I'm glad I made the purchase when I did.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 07:18 PM

Seven weeks ago I got the last PHEV EX Premium in Minnesota. There were still quite a few LX PHEVs. I see on the Kia site that there is now exactly one LX PHEV within 100 miles of me.

2018 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium - Aurora Black
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 08:32 PM

Just for fun, looked at kia.com myself. Nine available 250 miles from me, all LX but one. There is an EX Premium in Ann Arbor. That should be doable from the Chicago area. Same dealer has four LXs. Same list comes up from same search from Chicago zip code.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech

Last edited by yticolev; 07-25-2018 at 08:35 PM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 11:13 PM

No PHEVs (any trim) available in FL for the last couple months...crazy.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 03:57 AM

When i picked up my LX PHEV a little over a month ago they had a few of each model here in the East SF Bay area. Black, dark grey and a silver. I really wanted a white one but settled with an LX Black with Black Cloth. Its a commuter car, I don't need anything fancy, sometimes I wish i had picked one with leather. The dealer still has a few of each model in stock. Kia of Vacaville...if anyone is within a state or 2 away and wants one.

2018 KIA Niro LX Plug-IN - Aurora Black Pearl

2018 KIA Sedona LX - Snow White Pearl
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 03:35 PM

We wanted a Niro PremiumEX PHEV to replace my wife's Prius V. Very low supply in the NY-NJ area. Negotiated an excellent price with a NJ dealer but none of the dealers who had vehicles in stock would swap. There was a dealer in LI and one in MD that had stock. The dealer in MD would negotiate but the LI dealer only offered a nominal discount. Ended up with the LI dealer simply because of the ease of getting the car. Did all paperwork via email and will pick it up over the weekend. As of this date (8/23) there was one PremiumEX in Rochester, several in LI but more in the DC-Maryland suburbs. No dealer had any idea of when to expect the 2019's-- or so they said. Also, as an interesting factoid, one of the dealers we visited wasn't authorized to sell EV's because they had not installed a charger. Said they figured they would sell so few EV's that it wasn't worth the investment. Really disappointed that the dealer who was looking for a car was unable to source one. We really liked that dealership.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsoltz View Post
Also, as an interesting factoid, one of the dealers we visited wasn't authorized to sell EV's because they had not installed a charger.
That is interesting. My Kia dealer did not have a charger. When we were doing the paperwork he had a guy drive our PHEV over to a nearby Chevy dealer to plug it in for a while!

2018 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium - Aurora Black
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 07:39 AM

Charger required to sell EVs, not PHEV. The PHEV is fine to plug into a normal 110 socket. But if doing frequent test drives, a fast charger is better for the dealer to demo a PHEV.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 09:10 AM

My Florida dealer claims to be the world's largest KIA retailer however even with that clout they only got 2 PHEV's . I purchased one of them.
Corporate America Kia will send a dozen or more cars to California for every one that goes to a state other than California.
Nice if you live in California.... bad if in any other State. Good if you are a California dealer since you can up the price and sell out of State. PHEV's have low production rates and sending a ship load to California is just easier for KIA America.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page