UVO = remote start/climate - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

UVO = remote start/climate

The Kia salesperson I was talking to yesterday said that Kia was planning on updating the UVO software to allow remote start/climate control. He said he didn't know when the update was actually coming. Anyone know? I'm hesitant to activate UVO until then-- if they're going to collect all that data on me, I'd like a real benefit in return.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 06:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by missoula View Post
The Kia salesperson I was talking to yesterday said that Kia was planning on updating the UVO software to allow remote start/climate control. He said he didn't know when the update was actually coming. Anyone know? I'm hesitant to activate UVO until then-- if they're going to collect all that data on me, I'd like a real benefit in return.

Are you in the USA?

If so, UVO already does that.

2018 PHEV
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 10:00 AM

I think it's only for PHEV, and maybe EV limited, at the moment.
Maybe this is coming to all UVOs?

2018 FE, MA
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Got it working-- all good. Now if I could only get the UVO skill to work on Alexa...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 01:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Got it working-- all good. Now if I could only get the UVO skill to work on Alexa...

Whoa, I didn't know that was a thing... I'm going to set that up right now and give it a try, see if it works for me.

Edit: Ok I just installed the UVO skill and linked my account, but Alexa keeps telling me it has no idea what I'm talking about when I give it UVO commands. Hmmm.

2018 PHEV

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 11-23-2018 at 01:51 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Whoa, I didn't know that was a thing... I'm going to set that up right now and give it a try, see if it works for me.

Edit: Ok I just installed the UVO skill and linked my account, but Alexa keeps telling me it has no idea what I'm talking about when I give it UVO commands. Hmmm.
In the exact same boat. Please report back if you find out how to operate the UVO skill!

EDIT:

From a reviewer on Amazon, "Just be aware that you can't pronounce it "UVO" for Alexa, you have to spell it out "U" "V" "O""

Last edited by missoula; 11-23-2018 at 05:29 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 01:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
In the exact same boat. Please report back if you find out how to operate the UVO skill!

EDIT:

From a reviewer on Amazon, "Just be aware that you can't pronounce it "UVO" for Alexa, you have to spell it out "U" "V" "O""
I tried saying it both ways, it still didn't work for me. Alexa is acting like there isn't even a UVO skill installed, even though I see it installed and active on my Echo in my Alexa account.

2018 PHEV
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Okay I think you have to pronounce it "you-vo" not "ooh-vo". That worked for me.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 09:47 PM

I made a post about this... I love the remote climate option. However, I rarely use it because I hate the emergency flashers going off the entire time its on. If anyone find a way to deactivate the flames please let me know.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

I saw your thread and am equally annoyed by the flashers. The UVO app also is painfully slow and unstable. I wonder if there's some KIA employee sitting at a desk who knows they're supposed to get on this but they're procrastinating, or if they've just given up at this point.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page