What this forum really needs... - Kia Niro Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dovidan
  • 2 Post By Michael Jones

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

What this forum really needs...

Like many internet auto forums this is a great forum newbees and wannabees like me to learn about a car before investing $30K. And of course current owners as well. I appreciate all the past & present input from y'all.

One thing that would really be a nice addition is if we could get someone from a Kia dealership that is passionate about Niros active on this site. The Outback forum I'm a part of has several Subie dealers and mechanics who do a great job providing useful answers and often clearing up owner misconceptions.

If you know any such person(s), please encourage them to participate here!
FlNiro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:58 PM

Garage
Hey!

That's me! I'm the Niro guy at Fiesta Kia in Albuquerque. I picked on/tormented my GM and owner until they ordered the plug-in, and then did the same to my region manager until he gave us them on regular replenishment. I just finished a long drive on only electric.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71805_1554418721847.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	4831  
deltasmith and Dovidan like this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Wonderful Michael, it's fantastic to know you are on this site!
When you say you are the "Niro guy" do you mean that you are in sales, a mechanic or ???

Quick question: I am hoping to buy a 2019 Niro EX Premium w Sunroof in the next couple month or two. The pickings here in the Seattle area are kinda slim for that particular configuration. Do you know or can you find out if all the 2019 PHEV's coming to the US now on shore & in dealerships or are more on their way?
Thanks!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 01:10 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidan View Post
Wonderful Michael, it's fantastic to know you are on this site!
When you say you are the "Niro guy" do you mean that you are in sales, a mechanic or ???

Quick question: I am hoping to buy a 2019 Niro EX Premium w Sunroof in the next couple month or two. The pickings here in the Seattle area are kinda slim for that particular configuration. Do you know or can you find out if all the 2019 PHEV's coming to the US now on shore & in dealerships or are more on their way?
Thanks!
I'm a sales guy, and as for the sunroof package, they made 189 units with them. I managed to snag 3 EX Premiums but I don't know yet if they will have the sunroof. I'll check when I get VINs and let you know!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Jones View Post
I'm a sales guy, and as for the sunroof package, they made 189 units with them. I managed to snag 3 EX Premiums but I don't know yet if they will have the sunroof.
Wow, that is interesting info, 189 SRs doesn't sound like many. Over how long of a period is that & is it for your region only or for the entire U.S.

<<I'll check when I get VINs and let you know!>> I'm in Seattle and NM is a little far for me to go for a car!
Can you access info regarding the port of entry here in the Pacific NW (Tacoma or Portland I think) and see if there are any more 2019 EX premiums coming or if they have all been assigned to dealer for the 2019 model year?

Thanks!

Last edited by Dovidan; 04-06-2019 at 04:53 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 01:11 AM

I was looking for a red ex premium and found this the best way to search for specific make/models/colors. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/se...sModified=true

I did a search for 200 miles and there are 14 EX premium with sun roofs listed in your area. You can change the search radius and limit by color. I found it helpful to track how quickly cars were moving in my area, and when new shipments arrived. Much easier than using each dealers page, and more accurate than Kia's website for some reason.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Great suggestions Beth -- I can see you are a researcher too!
I've been on board with Cargurus & watching local websites for months. Right now there are only two in silver with charcoal interior & the unfortunately the dealers are well aware of it. One has been there for two months.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page