Past:2018 Niro Hybrid EX Premium

Previously mostly German ICE cars…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EV-olution View Post
I will be creating a video review of them soon.
Looking forward to your review on your channel! Would be great if you can arrange a discount code
I looked at their website and they do look very nice.
EV-olution likes this.

Peter

Current:2019 Niro EV SX Touring

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 08:37 AM

I see what you're saying my HEV mats don't look like that. I'm glad you may have found a mat I wouldn't like the Tux mat looks hard to clean in the pic with all the humps. But I am a clean freak so most people don't care as much. Its a curse.lol...But if that was the only ones available I'd deal with it.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 06:31 PM

I’m in the same boat...Nothing yet, and it’s frustrating.

You could try ordering from Belgium: http://accessoires-kia.be/niro/protection/G5131ADExx/. They seem to have access to the EV specific mats.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 08:30 PM

Garage
Weathertech is waaaaay too proud of their product to justify the price... Spend half, and get the Maxliners... They fit absolutely beautiful, and the mats cover the entire left foot rest. The edges of the mats are rolled, so they won't flop over and fold like Weathertechs tend to do.

This is where I got mine, quick shipping, and they installed in minutes. I actually left the rear carpet mats in, and laid the Maxliners right on top... it helped deaden the road noise a bit...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fuel economy is mad sexy... 2019 EX with Advanced Tech Package.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avitt View Post
I’m in the same boat...Nothing yet, and it’s frustrating.

You could try ordering from Belgium: Rubber floor mats Niro HEV, PHEV, EV - KIA Accessoires. They seem to have access to the EV specific mats.
Thanks for the suggestion, but this is going to be a major hassle. The fact that KIA Belgium put them on their site doesn't mean they are available for delivery. Trust me I work in retail... a website is often nothing more than a catalogue.

Peter

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Barnard View Post

This is where I got mine, quick shipping, and they installed in minutes. I actually left the rear carpet mats in, and laid the Maxliners right on top... it helped deaden the road noise a bit...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
With all respect but these won't fit in the EV. I just looked at your garage and you have the HEV, I am looking for someone with an EV. So far only EV-lotion on this forum I know has an EV. Anyone else?

Peter

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbodifee View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but this is going to be a major hassle. The fact that KIA Belgium put them on their site doesn't mean they are available for delivery. Trust me I work in retail... a website is often nothing more than a catalogue.
I don't doubt they exist. You have to remember that the e-Niro has been available in Europe much longer than the Niro EV in North America. There are pictures of the actual mats on the Mobis EU site...And Europe always seems to have access to many more accessories options, as seen here: https://webshop.kia.nl/e-niro/.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I don't doubt they exist. You have to remember that the e-Niro has been available in Europe much longer than the Niro EV in North America. There are pictures of the actual mats on the Mobis EU site...And Europe always seems to have access to many more accessories options, as seen here: https://webshop.kia.nl/e-niro/.
Yes, lived for quite some time in Europe. Very familiar with the options, and the associated pricing BMW is the champion in this sport. When I have a bit more time I will try to configure a Dutch e-Niro to the same spec as my Canadian car. See what the price difference will be.

Here in North America customers expect their car to be complete As such the dealer will even put stuff on or in the car the manufacturer has left out (like rubber mats). Back in the good old days there was never any carpeting on the floor of a car, until somebody felt that putting in a carpet like in your living room would be more upscale. But in many climates this makes no sense. Now if there was a doormat in front of the car to wipe your shoes before entering...

Peter

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Here is Google's English translation

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech