OEM rubber mats? - Page 3 - Kia Niro Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbodifee View Post
YWhen I have a bit more time I will try to configure a Dutch e-Niro to the same spec as my Canadian car. See what the price difference will be.
The Canadian Niro EV SX Touring is all-in CA$ 64,500 (excluding government incentives). The Dutch e-Niro with the same 'options' will be EUR 50,622 which is in today's exchange rate CA$ 74,250. Ouch... taxes hurt car buying in the Netherlands

Peter

Current:2019 Niro EV SX Touring
Past:2018 Niro Hybrid EX Premium

Previously mostly German ICE cars…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
Yup. Being a polyglot I didn't realize in the moment others may not be able to read Dutch ( I do )

Peter

post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 06:44 PM

I am posting a picture of the WeatherTech cargo liner installed in our 2019 PHEV if someone was interested how it fits. Its cost was $109 excluding taxes and shipping. I cut out the 4 area corners for the tether attachment points. The corners are isolated by ridges so it doesn't compromise the mat by cutting our these areas and it is made for cutting out if the customer desires. We carry a lot of items between gardening and raising kids so for us it was probably a good idea to purchase the liner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WetherTech Cargo Liner.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	5373   Click image for larger version

Name:	WeatherTech with corner cut for tether access.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	5375  
Pbodifee likes this.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Yup. Being a polyglot I didn't realize in the moment others may not be able to read Dutch ( I do )
I have several Dutch friends and the only Dutch I can find in the Netherlands who are not more fluent in English than the average American (or perhaps Canadian) are grandparent age! Above perhaps 80 now. But I've only been in western parts including very rural. Might be different in other areas.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
I have several Dutch friends and the only Dutch I can find in the Netherlands who are not more fluent in English than the average American (or perhaps Canadian) are grandparent age! Above perhaps 80 now. But I've only been in western parts including very rural. Might be different in other areas.
English is a mandatory subject in school for at least 6 years. However the vocabulary they possess on average is another thing. And don’t get me started on pronunciation (I am guilty of that too, Dutch is my first language). Long story short: all foreigners think the Dutch have very good command of English. Reality it is modest.

But we are getting way off topic. Rubber mats anyone? 😉

Peter

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 07:51 AM

A small vocabulary spoken well is far better than a large vocabulary spoken poorly. I think that is one reason why the Dutch (and Scandinavians) come across as so fluent. Have to say I'm impressed by the idioms they come up with though, presumably from the same American TV shows with otherwise small vocabulary.

In support of your theory, the extreme example would be Donald Trump who has a small vocabulary used spectacularly poorly!

OK, back to the fascinating discussion of floor mat fit.
Pbodifee likes this.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxterra View Post
I see what you're saying my HEV mats don't look like that. I'm glad you may have found a mat I wouldn't like the Tux mat looks hard to clean in the pic with all the humps. But I am a clean freak so most people don't care as much. Its a curse.lol...But if that was the only ones available I'd deal with it.
Just an FYI, the Tuxmats are the easiest mats to clean. A quick vacuum then a damp rag and they look like new.

2019 Kia Niro EV - SX Touring
YouTube: youtube.com/c/EVolution_Inevitable
Insta: instagram.com/ev_olution_inevitable/
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 06:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
With all respect but these won't fit in the EV. I just looked at your garage and you have the HEV, I am looking for someone with an EV. So far only EV-lotion on this forum I know has an EV. Anyone else?
My bad... yeah, doing a quick search, I see the EV mats are a lot different... and the first hit that came up in the search for EV mats were the "TuxMat"... hmmm... they look... interesting.

Fuel economy is mad sexy... 2019 EX with Advanced Tech Package.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page