Kia Niro Forum

Kia Niro Forum (https://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/)
-   2018+ Kia Niro EV Purchase Incentives, Rebates, Tax Credits (https://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/105-2018-kia-niro-ev-purchase-incentives-rebates-tax-credits/)
-   -   Incentives for anyone? (https://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/105-2018-kia-niro-ev-purchase-incentives-rebates-tax-credits/2466-incentives-anyone.html)

KiaKrazy 05-05-2017 02:23 PM

Incentives for anyone?

I've seen more and more owners on this forum and the incentives forum is empty?!

Is no one getting incentives or is no one just mentioning it haha ?!

roblatham 05-05-2017 03:20 PM

The only incentive offered to us in March was a US military servicemember incentive. Kia-wide, not specific to the Niro.

The dealers do not seem to be having much trouble in the Chicago area moving the cars they have.

Jay 05-05-2017 06:13 PM

The Niro and Ioniq are being fairly heavily discounted in IL, OH, and MI. Not yet where I am. I'm pretty sure prices will soften elsewhere by fall. Maybe sooner.

Broncos 05-08-2017 03:18 PM

So nothing in regards to electric vehicle or hybrid vehicle type of incentive it seems ?

basicbill 05-08-2017 04:30 PM

In Canada we have military incentive $500 and my dealer doubled it ... out of his margin, I presume. There is a recent graduate incentive, another $500, that I am long past and I think that's it.
There are government incentives for the full electric and plug in hybrid but there is nothing for the straight hybrid. I think that's a shame....it would be a soft landing for many people sitting on the bubble as to whether or not they should go electric .... I know I would have thought about it earlier had there been one.

NNolan 01-28-2018 05:29 PM

Here in Upstate NY (almost Canada) I just got the $4500+ federal incentive and $1100 New York State incentive on the lease of an EX Plug-In. Between that, the dealer mark-down, the fairly generous trade-in allowance on my old CR-V and a few thousand in cash I'm throwing in I've got a monthly lease payment of about $100. If I don't keep the car for the full 3 years of the lease I have to pay that $1100 back to NYS, though.

sasglm 06-18-2018 02:52 PM

We bought one of the first PHEV Niros in Atlanta, it was a EX Premium in the White one of 3 east of the Mississippi back in Feb18 according to Kia's website.
we got the $500 mil offer and the .09% financing, but worked a deal to get the car OTD price of just under the MSRP of 36K-$500 so i think it said we paid just under $34k plus taxes and fees and prep and whatever else they threw in. But this was the car they had in the front window of the show room.
Since they only started arriving on the east coast about the 20th of January 2018 they are hard to come by. I head the delay from Nov2017 was to get the rollout and inventory of the Stinger going for the Superbowl commercials. Right now i saw where the Stinger is being offered at low-low prices from a local dealer.

I got a $4000 incentive from my company for a PHEV and the $6500 USA government tax incentive should come through in next years taxes