Kia Niro Forum

Kia Niro Forum (https://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/)
-   Kia Niro General Discussion (https://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/9-kia-niro-general-discussion/)
-   -   One troublesome issue with my Niro Hybrid. (https://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/9-kia-niro-general-discussion/8079-one-troublesome-issue-my-niro-hybrid.html)

badyellowvette 04-27-2019 05:54 PM

One troublesome issue with my Niro Hybrid.

Not a real big deal but when I shift from reverse to drive there is a lag in time before drive kicks in. When backing out in traffic it becomes an issue. Thought today I was going to get rear ended. I just tested it in my driveway and if I push the accelerator almost to the floor it is quicker to engage drive. This is the only problem I have, I don't have the shutter or jerking others have posted about, everything else works as expected. Is this something I have to get used to or is there something wrong?

I have not been back to the dealer yet to get any software updates, maybe next month.

yticolev 04-27-2019 05:59 PM

If you stop fully before shifting, the shift is faster.

jmurphEV 04-27-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badyellowvette (Post 71235)
Not a real big deal but when I shift from reverse to drive there is a lag in time before drive kicks in. When backing out in traffic it becomes an issue. Thought today I was going to get rear ended. I just tested it in my driveway and if I push the accelerator almost to the floor it is quicker to engage drive. This is the only problem I have, I don't have the shutter or jerking others have posted about, everything else works as expected. Is this something I have to get used to or is there something wrong?

I have not been back to the dealer yet to get any software updates, maybe next month.

Yeah, this one gets me sometimes too. If I shift directly from R to D without coming to a complete stop the car keeps rolling backwards for a few feet until the car decides to change gears and start moving forward.
yticolev is right, the only solution is to make sure you come to a complete stop before shifting gears. It's definitely a "feature" not a bug. >:)

Green Lantern 04-28-2019 02:01 AM

It's the Nature Of the Dual Clutch Trans. It almost Acts like a Manual Trans.

It's just a safety measure to protect the trans. I have experience this with Audi, BMW And Volkswagen Cars alike.

yticolev 04-28-2019 09:05 AM

A manual has no problem with fast reverse/first shifts. Of course, that is not ideal for the clutch so I only do it when I'm in a rush. Easy to come to a full stop before shifting in the Niro without costing time partly because it is faster! Of course, some coordination is necessary if you are going to reverse into traffic. Slightly less than a full stop means a delay.

badyellowvette 05-03-2019 08:15 PM

Still have a long delay when stopping completely.

yticolev 05-03-2019 09:23 PM

Hmm... I don't experience that in mine.