Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

1 Year old

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  PAULRIDES 
#1 ·
Today is my 1 year anniversary of owning my 2017 Niro EX. Overall it has met most of my expectations and has been an enjoyable ride. :)

Here are my stats:
Miles driven 18,582
Avg. MPG 55.8
High MPG for one tank 67.5 ( Hot summer days and going into EV mode as much as possible)
Low MPG for one tank 40.5 ( Very cold temps and an all highway trip with snow tires on)
Total gas 332 gallons avg. price of $2.50

#3 ·
Thanks, I would say my total highway mileage is about 15% and I try to keep it under 70 mph. Most of my driving is back and forth to work which is a 25 mile commute one way. It is a mix of speed limits from 30 to 60 mph, but usually very light traffic conditions because I get to work at 5:30 am and leave at 2 pm .

#4 ·
Those are pretty optimal conditions for a hybrid. I think I'll do well if I get 50 mpg average over the course of a year. Just under 50 now, but it has been cold. I'm expecting on long trips cross country at 70 mph to get less than 45 mpg, so depending on how often I do that, my total mpg will suffer.

#7 · (Edited)
My MPG AVE computed by FUELLY (50.9 MPG - SEE BELOW) is for 1 year and 1 1/2 months (bought it in FEB 2017) and 12,xxx miles.

We are retired and use is general running errands (county roads at 35 to 55MPH and some what you would call small to mid size city with a few stops and traffic that varies). Also, a couple short HWY trips (like 200 to 400 miles one way or 400 to 8-00 total).

NOTE: Ignore FUELLY 26 Fuel Ups, not near that in my opinion as generally jsut fill once a month except when on a trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.