Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I bought the 18 Optima S and my Wife bought the 18 Niro EX I ask my Daughter when it was going to be her turn, she told me she was perfectly happy with her 15 Forty5 EX........Well..........

Yesterday, my Wife and Daughter went grocery shopping in my Wife's new Niro, I saw the look in her eye and I went Uh-Oh and by the end of the day my Daughter bought a Cerulean Blue 18 Niro LX with the Tech Package, she traded in her 15 Forty5 LoL! She picks it up on Monday. In the mean time the Dealership gave her a New off the lot a Black 17 Niro EX as a loaner until her car comes in..............

This makes it the 12th KIA in out Family, third one for my Daughter and 9 Between Me and my Wife...........

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I'm a bit late to the Kia party, but from what I hear, that's a good thing! I had no idea they have had such a bad reputation until recently that is still impacting their sales. I assume you have seen quite an improvement in quality over your years of ownership?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a bit late to the Kia party, but from what I hear, that's a good thing! I had no idea they have had such a bad reputation until recently that is still impacting their sales. I assume you have seen quite an improvement in quality over your years of ownership?
1st KIA was a New 2004 Spectra GSX, had it for 2 years. No troubles, Traded up to....
New 2006 Specrta5 SX times 2, one Red and one Black in 2006. The Black Spectra5 Battery took a Dump after 3 years/20,000 miles. Bought a walmart Battery, at 92,000 miles and 7 years later, traded up to a used 2015 Forte EX in 2015.
The Red Spectra5 Left Trans Axle CV Joint crapped out at 212,000 because I didn't catch the metal Band that holds the CV Boot went AWOL. Traded it in with 230,000 miles (with the original Timing Belt, Battery and all electrical working) for a used 2015 Forte LX. After a Month of owner ship I traded the Forte ( No Cruise Control, I thought I didn't need it, boy was I wrong!) in for a New Forte EX in Jan of 2016, a couple Months later the 2013 Forte was traded in for a 2016 Forte EX. No problems with any of the Fortes.

My Daughter's 2006 Sorento went for 3 years without a hitch, dickhead (Ex) husband made her get rid of it because in his expert opinion, "it was a Korean POS". In 2016 she bought a New 2015 Forte5 and it was loaded. A Month ago her Hi/Lo Beam switch was going wonky, was replaced under warranty. So all in all our KIAs were pretty good to us or we just lucked out, but I don't think so. So that brings us to 2018 with one Optima and two Niros...........................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts