Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, when I bought this car I loved it. Now, I spend more time at the dealership and its infuriating. First, the door sensors. Dealer says bring back when it does it again. I have a job and cannot drop everything just to keep running here. Finally fixed that. Oy then to have every door handle except the driver door fall apart. Now I'm waiting on door handles, which have been backordered for over a month. Now the check engine lights comes on. First time was told its OK, its running lean but they don't have a Niro technician here because god forbid it's a Saturday! They cleared it and said come back if it happens again. One week later its back. Now here I sit again!

·
Super Moderator
498 Posts
ouch, That sucks. Didn't the dealer just give you a loaner car to drive as this is obviously a problem car and you shouldn't need to sit and wait for them to fix it.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Dealerships may have only one Niro tech. So it is understandable that they may not be available every day. Lot of training for very few cars that need service compared to better selling models that are less reliable full time ICE. My dealer is a combined Hyundai/Kia with one service department. As it happens, they have one of the best mechanics in the country as rated by Hyundai. That is the tech they trained for Ioniqs/Niros. Hope I never need his expertise, but they did require him to do my first service. Bit of overkill in my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts