Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning! I have two questions for Niro owners...

1) When are you/did you get(ting) your first oil change? The dealer set my service interval to 3,000 miles. Owners manual says 7,500. I was assuming 7,500, but wanted to get some other opinions to be safe (although I'm now at about 5,000!).

2) My radio display says 'Updating SiriusXM' about every other time I start the vehicle. Other times it says 'Preparing SiriusXM'. I'm getting concerned that it is trying to update and is not able to. I tried to verify that by finding a new channel, but I don't know of any. I did go to the Limited Edition channel (which is now Cochella radio), and it displayed Limited Edition as the channel name (if I go to see it online, the channel name is Cochella Radio). Any ideas? Do you get that Updating message a lot?

Thank you!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Oil at 7500 O by me. Might do it at 5000.

SIRIUS -- don't remember seeing any thing about updates. I am gonna drop it when FREE is up anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had the same question. I would say do what the owner's manual says to do. That way if there is every any warranty question, you can say 'I followed the owner's manual instructed me to do".

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sirius updates are nothing to be concerned about. My Sirius costs about $15 a month. Much better than broadcast radio depending on what you like to listen to. Many stations particularly news stations have too many ads for me. Decent music choices though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had same concern about 7500 miles to oil change. Stopped in and asked dealer's Service Manager and he said that it is 7500 Miles. Sounds like your dealer is trying to rip you off. Probably change out all kinds of items if you take it to them for oil change. I would not trust them and find another dealer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think they change the oil much earlier because of the break-in oil that's in there (contains higher levels of metal to break all the metal components in properly)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts