Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has me perplexed. It's one thing to have it stop working, quite another to have it not show up on the menu options anymore. Has anyone else experienced this? I was hoping to find a solution here as apposed to going to the dealership that has a questionable ethics history. The lights don't work nor does it make a sound when I put on a blinker ( I actually like that). The back up warning system DOES WORK and the side mirror lights due light up indicating which direction the car is driving from. It feels like a software update issue but IDK. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
1,217 Posts
This has me perplexed. It's one thing to have it stop working, quite another to have it not show up on the menu options anymore. Has anyone else experienced this? I was hoping to find a solution here as apposed to going to the dealership that has a questionable ethics history. The lights don't work nor does it make a sound when I put on a blinker ( I actually like that). The back up warning system DOES WORK and the side mirror lights due light up indicating which direction the car is driving from. It feels like a software update issue but IDK. Thanks in advance.
What do you mean by "not showing up" on the menus options? Could you turn blind spot monitoring off/on from the menu?

· Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
1,217 Posts
Well it's been a while now but i do think i could customize it a bit.
My 2020 has a button on the lower left dash panel that allows the blind spot monitoring to be turned off and on. I believe there is also a menu setting that allows you to choose between "normal" or "later" warning.
Check to see if you turned the blind spot off. There is a light on the switch when it is turned on.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 2020 has a button on the lower left dash panel that allows the blind spot monitoring to be turned off and on. I believe there is also a menu setting that allows you to choose between "normal" or "later" warning.
Check to see if you turned the blind spot off. There is a light on the switch when it is turned on.
Wow um so yeah...This is embarrassing! I know about that button and I swear I tried it but I must've not... Yep that was the mystifying culprit. Sorry about that and thanks for the nudge to check the most obvious thing first!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts