Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Kia niro lx has been anything but smooth sailing since I purchased it. I have 2 issues plaguing me currently. One is that there is a persistent clicking sound when you press the brakes and the second is a creaking sound that comes with body roll. Been to 2 dealers now and neither problem has been fixed and they both told me the clicking is normal. I have driven other Niros that didn’t have a clicking so I know that isn’t the case. I have a video of the creaking and the clicking on YouTube which can be found below

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2017 Kia niro lx has been anything but smooth sailing since I purchased it. I have 2 issues plaguing me currently. One is that there is a persistent clicking sound when you press the brakes and the second is a creaking sound that comes with body roll. Been to 2 dealers now and neither problem has been fixed and they both told me the clicking is normal. I have driven other Niros that didn’t have a clicking so I know that isn’t the case. I have a video of the creaking and the clicking on YouTube which can be found below

I have that click on my new Niro 2019. Do you have any update regarding this issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have that click on my new Niro 2019. Do you have any update regarding this issue?
Its something to do with the integrated brake actuator being faulty. Thats what my dealer thinks. I have been waiting 3 weeks now to get Kia to agree to fix it. I now have to wait another couple weeks for an official kia inspector to come see the car for himself. So annoyed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its something to do with the integrated brake actuator being faulty. Thats what my dealer thinks. I have been waiting 3 weeks now to get Kia to agree to fix it. I now have to wait another couple weeks for an official kia inspector to come see the car for himself. So annoyed.
Thanks for your response.
Please update.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do when I have something new. I sent them the paperwork for lemon law cuz I’m getting fed up with this whole process. I don’t know if I’d do another Niro or not. If you want a hybrid that’s not a sedan and not ugly like the Prius the options seem pretty limited

·
Registered
323 Posts
...If you want a hybrid that’s not a sedan and not ugly like the Prius the options seem pretty limited
Lots of non-sedan hybrid options out there.
RAV4 Hybrid
RAV4 PHEV
Escape Hybrid
Escape PHEV
Explorer Hybrid
CRV Hybrid
UX250h
Rogue Hybrid
Pacifica PHEV
Outlander PHEV
i3 REx
Just to name a few...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To provide an update kia sent an inspector to look at the car and he determined it to be the integrated brake acutuator so it is being ordered and I’m waiting for it to be shipped and installed. It’s been out of service for about 5 weeks at this point but hopefully it’s about to be fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts