Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Driver Door Handle Button button failed to LOCK the car yesterday. Checked and it failed to UNLOCK the car also. The Passenger Door Handle Button works (lock / unlock). The buttons on the Key also work (lock / unlock). The interior buttons work (lock / unlock).

I assume from the above indications (everything working except the Driver Door Handle Button), the problem is in the switch associated with the button (guess not making contact)? Or, perhaps the other circuits in the handle (there is a sensor).

There is a U-Tube for KIA Sportage that shows a schematic for that car. The U-Tube shows removal of the handle and an OHM test for the switch (open normally and zero ohms when pushed). My guess is the NIRO is the same design? Appears simple to replace the handle if can buy one same color.

Anyone, have any experience (a fix) with NIRO. Worst case is leave as is (not fix it) and use the key buttons (best option as long as it works), passenger door handle, or manual key.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reviewed situation with wife as to how to lock / unlock using key buttons, manual key, passenger door button, or inside buttons. So, gonna leave it as is (non-functional driver door button), it's not too much of an inconvenience.

·
Administrator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,483 Posts
Good you were in warranty, I'm out of warranty -- Feb 2017 with some over 50K Miles.
Kia warranty is 10 years, 100,000 miles powertrain and five years, 60,000 miles bumper to bumper from what I can see for a 2017. Sounds like you might have just missed it by a few months. Maybe if you ask nice... ;)

Reactions: FlNiro
1 - 5 of 5 Posts