Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought my Niro to a local garage, I had suspected a coolant leak and they confirmed that the coolant was low and while they had it they had to top it up a couple times.The weird thing is they can’t find the leak anywhere, there’s no evidence around the reservoir, hoses, on the ground or mixed in the oil. Before I bring it to the dealer I thought I’d ask here if anyone might know where else the coolant might end up? I should also say that the engine hasn’t shown any signs of overheating or even running hot 🤷‍♂️

At first I was worried it might be a head gasket issue, which I guess it still might be but I figured there would be evidence in the oil

·
Registered
Niro HEV, 2020, Dynamic Link, UVO, EPB, 10"-AVN, Navi
126 Posts
Look here in this thread:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yes check the heat exchanger. PLEASE tell us the results! Don't be one of the ones that never reports what the solution was. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just brought my Niro to a local garage, I had suspected a coolant leak and they confirmed that the coolant was low and while they had it they had to top it up a couple times.The weird thing is they can’t find the leak anywhere, there’s no evidence around the reservoir, hoses, on the ground or mixed in the oil. Before I bring it to the dealer I thought I’d ask here if anyone might know where else the coolant might end up? I should also say that the engine hasn’t shown any signs of overheating or even running hot 🤷‍♂️

At first I was worried it might be a head gasket issue, which I guess it still might be but I figured there would be evidence in the oil
Has a similar event after adding coolant to the overflow reservoirs without any evidence where the leakage was. Soon learned that the reservoirs are pressurized and the caps needed some extra muscle in fully closing them tightly. Once done, the leakage disappeared. The coolant was evaporating without a trace under the hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts