Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 fully loaded Niro was fine until I brought it in for 5 recalls. Now the breaks sound like they are grinding when applied (not always) and the car jerks as if it is shifting gears or the transmission is slipping (like in a old car) even though I'm staying at a constant speed. I brought it into the dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong. Hmmm. The loaner Niro did the exact same thing. The Niro I was given as a loaner while the recalls were being done, didn't do either. What happened to these cars during the recalls. My co-worker is a master mechanic. Had him drive it and when we stopped in front of co-workers standing in the parking lot, they all asked what was wrong with my breaks. Feel like I bought a very expensive headache.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The biggest thing I notice in my 2018 is the brakes feel a bit cheap. I really wonder if they cheeaped out on the rotors and pads on them. The deceleration when stopping seems a bit wonky, meaning it does not feel even and smooth like on my truck. Yes I know its a Kia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts