Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on possible release date of the Kia Niro EV in the U.S., and possible price.

Regards,

GHTech

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe Next Month.

Greetings!

After I posted this thread, I contacted 2 local Kia dealers (So. Cal). They are saying that they expect it next month. They have heard rumors as to price, but nothing definite.

Regards,

GHTech

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am pretty sure dealerships already have the EV model in some areas. I would strongly consider the Plug InHybrid though, that way you can still get 25-30 straight battery before engine kicks in. I know from what I read however it is similar to the regular hybrid in that is you are running in sport or like here in PA going down long steep hills in cruise the regenerative breaking will charge the battery back up faster. Plus you can plug it straight into a regular socket out of the box. I know one guy that rigged some solar and then chained 6 deep cycles in an array to charge his car each night.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
EV is available in Korea. Haven't read about any other markets. The Kona EV has already been released in Europe beating the Niro EV to market.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am pretty sure dealerships already have the EV model in some areas. I would strongly consider the Plug InHybrid though, that way you can still get 25-30 straight battery before engine kicks in. I know from what I read however it is similar to the regular hybrid in that is you are running in sport or like here in PA going down long steep hills in cruise the regenerative breaking will charge the battery back up faster. Plus you can plug it straight into a regular socket out of the box. I know one guy that rigged some solar and then chained 6 deep cycles in an array to charge his car each night.
What is the Fed tax credit on both?:)

Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts