Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

2018 Kia Niro EX ... "help"

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  longhairmike74 
#1 ·
Good Afternoon,

I bought a Kia Niro EX Premium Graphite Edition a few days ago. I have been trying to find out information on what Premium means, as I did find out what Graphite Edition means.

Would I be correct to assume that Premium means the premium package? Does it mean I have the touring and premium package?

I am not the primary driver, as I did buy it for my girlfriend whom is replacing her 275K mile Prius with it. However, for the few drives I did ride along or drove... the experience is wonderful. I love riding a bit higher than the Prius (I own a 2010 Prius myself), and I love the seat warmers.

Thank you!

#2 · (Edited)
Hi seanmu25, welcome to the forum!

I Found this:

Touring Graphite Edition +$2,400
The Touring Limited Edition includes:

• Platinum Graphite Color Paint
  • 18" Alloy Wheels w/ Black Finish, P225/45R18 Tires
  • UVO w/ 8" Touch-Screen Display, Voice-Command Navigation System
  • Harman/Kardon® Premium Surround Sound w/ Clari-Fi™, 8 Speakers, and Integrated Subwoofer
  • Sport Black Accents
  • 10-Way Driver's Seat Adjustment, w/ 2-way Power Lumbar Support
  • This package is not available for EX Premium Package.

seem to be the : EX Touring Graphite Edition

#4 ·
Seat warmers? Blind Spot Assist? Leather wrapped steering wheel?
Those 3 items are already standard in the EX version.. with or without any package.

Do you have the black 18' inch alloy wheels ? that is the Touring Graphite Edition package.

#6 ·
#7 ·
I visited a dealer for 1st time to get a look at and drive Niro. Salesman told me that the only difference tween Touring and EX Premium was that Touring has 18" wheels.

#8 ·
In the USA, you have more options when it's time to set-up an order... (see images)
The EX goes Premium with 2 packages..

For us in canada, there are only 4 versions for the HEV (Hybride): LX, EX, EX Premium and SX Touring..
And 2 for the PHEV: EX Premium and SX

Attachments

#9 ·
hi guys,, sorry for bumping an older thread,, but I'm currently eyeing a new '18 TGI edition in a nearby dealer's lot MSRP 29,600 dropped to 23,946
vin is KNDCC3LC4J5160608 and it's on cargurus but i cant post links since im new.

I am wondering do the 18" wheels give it the touring trim MPG? I had always thought that was the main factor in the mpg diffs between the trims along with a slight weight differnce.
It would not be a complete deterrent for me, as i would be trading in a low mileage (sub 60k) 2012 honda pilot 4WD touring.
considering that the '19 LXs around her are selling for around 21,300,,, an additional 2700 for the awesome wheels, paint, nav, and harmon kardon system seems like a sweet tradeoff, and a no-brainer if it gets the EX/LX mpgs

#12 ·
hi guys,, sorry for bumping an older thread,, but I'm currently eyeing a new '18 TGI edition in a nearby dealer's lot MSRP 29,600 dropped to 23,946
vin is KNDCC3LC4J5160608 and it's on cargurus but i cant post links since im new.
Quick question about the cargurus website, can you make a search on the website with a VIN tag ? :confused:

I am wondering do the 18" wheels give it the touring trim MPG? I had always thought that was the main factor in the mpg diffs between the trims along with a slight weight differnce.
It would not be a complete deterrent for me, as i would be trading in a low mileage (sub 60k) 2012 honda pilot 4WD touring.
considering that the '19 LXs around her are selling for around 21,300,,, an additional 2700 for the awesome wheels, paint, nav, and harmon kardon system seems like a sweet tradeoff, and a no-brainer if it gets the EX/LX mpg
Yes you will have a less MPG with 18' wheels if compared to a 16'..

#10 ·
Certainly weight is a factor but my impression is that the 18" wheels is a significant factor in the decreaser MPG rating. How much???

Overall the price looks favorable. I see it has had two owners which might concern me a bit unless that means the original owner & now the selling dealership.

It appears that the prices for used Niros is a bit lower in AZ vs WA. Hopefully the long term (3-5 yrs) resale value for the Niro doesn't tank as badly as the Nissan Leaf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.